Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Dec 30, 2004, 5:58 AM   #11

Hi Dinky,

try http://www.d7userforum.deand search for "Sunny-Light".

Ciao, Wolfie
wolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2004, 11:06 AM   #12

Hello wolfie,

I can't stop laughing. I forgot that you were in Germany and that I couldn't speak German. Anyway, I'll try to figure out something.

Thanks again.

Dinky
Dinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2004, 1:00 PM   #13
Administrator

Also look here:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/holid...holiday50.html

Check out the $29 Camera Bright - not that expensive and may be just what you need !

steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2004, 5:18 AM   #14

Thanks a lot Steve. This would be a great addition to anyone's tool kit. A very Happy New Year to all.

Dinky
Old Jan 6, 2005, 6:42 PM   #15

Hello everyone, I stumbled upon this post trying to find out why my A2 also takes so many out of focus shots (indoor w/flash as well as outdoor). I don't believe the problem to be with the camera, but with me, the photographer. Do I have it set incorrectly? I have tried shooting automatic, different shutter speeds, different ISOs etc., but cannot narrow down my problem.

The first week I got the camera, I took it to Niagara Falls and got some awesome shots (they could be postcards!). But recently, if I take 5 shots at the same time, only one or two may turn out.

How would you recommend I set up the camera? (indoors? out?)

I've also noticed a lot of "noise" on indoor photos.

Would the firmware upgrade improve any of this? What external flash would you recommend?

Thanks for your help.

djbartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2005, 8:51 PM   #16

Wow...that's a lot of questions! Let me see if I can find a guide I have somewhere in my bookmarks & I'll post the link here.
Old Jan 6, 2005, 9:16 PM   #17

While Kalypso is looking for his source, let me also suggest that you look at the excellent info source here:http://www.pbase.com/mtf_foto_studies/mtf_faq
jawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2005, 9:44 PM   #18

djbartu wrote:
Quote:
Hello everyone, I stumbled upon this post trying to find out why my A2 also takes so many out of focus shots (indoor w/flash as well as outdoor). I don't believe the problem to be with the camera, but with me, the photographer. Do I have it set incorrectly? I have tried shooting automatic, different shutter speeds, different ISOs etc., but cannot narrow down my problem.

The first week I got the camera, I took it to Niagara Falls and got some awesome shots (they could be postcards!). But recently, if I take 5 shots at the same time, only one or two may turn out.

How would you recommend I set up the camera? (indoors? out?)

I've also noticed a lot of "noise" on indoor photos.

Would the firmware upgrade improve any of this? What external flash would you recommend?

Thanks for your help.

One thing I have noticed, for some strange reason, the A2 seems to miss (at least for me) many more shots when Auto mode, than in any other mode.
Hope that helps,
Max
KM_krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2005, 5:32 AM   #19

I think that the there is really something wrong with my A2. I mounted mine on a tripod and took pictures of the same scene several times. All of them came out soft and about half out of focus. To be really sure you don't move the camera while shooting, use the interval timer.

Dinky
Old Jan 11, 2005, 9:20 PM   #20

Hello all,

Am sad to say that I returned my A2 to the store I got it from. They could not offer me a better working one so now I'm without a camera>. For now they are holding my cash until a new (I hope soon) model camera comes out. Hopefully a better one. I really loved the controls on that camera and other features that I could not bring myself to get any other model or brand.

My question now is; does anybody know if a replacement model for the A2 is in the works or due soon.

Thanks to all.

Dinky