Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jan 12, 2005, 2:14 AM   #21

Hi Dinky!

I wish I was in the Philippines right now! I'm sure it's MUCH warmer there thanit is in my county this time of year! :cart:

Sorry to hear that things didn't work out for you with the A2. I don't own an A2, but fromwhat I understand, some people really like that model, while others have had problems with it.

I don't think that one can say that the A2 has "been replaced", but as you may know, K-M has recently come up with a new 'A' series model, called the Konica Minolta DiImage A200. Although it is not exactlythe same as the A2, it has many similarities. Have you looked intoexchanging your A2 for an A200?
Greetings from Canada! :bye:

Dean
DeanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2005, 7:20 AM   #22

Hello DeanB,

Weather here is quite good this time of year.:-)

Yes, I know about the A200. But I really loved the amount of leeway the controls on the A2 gave me. Wish I knew when and if Minolta will come out with an A3. They don't have the A200 here yet but the 7D is coming soon.

I've used the old Minolta SRT-101 (which is still with me) and also an 11-year old Dynax 7xi which is great. It could focus, with help from 3500xi flash, in total darkness. Wonder what happened to Minolta quality.

Anyway, will be waiting for a replacement camera (A3 I hope). The dealer is still holding on to my cash.

Thanks again for the reply.

Dinky
Dinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2005, 4:06 PM   #23

Hi Dinky,

sorry to hear that you had to give your A2 back - but nevermind, mine was faulty too (3 weeks after I bought it). Had it repaired and maybe tuned a little by KM Europe. It runs faultlessly ever since.

Personally, I wouldn´t wait for the A3 - an upgraded A2 would take to big a slice out of theD7D´s cake, wouldn´t it?

Greetings from Bavaria,

Wolfie

wolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2005, 4:19 AM   #24

Wolfie,

It's good you have better support in Europe than here. Can't trust service, especially on these kinds of electronic items. And you're right. There might never be an A3, but I wouldn't want to get the D7 also. If I can't wait long enough, I might settle for a different brand. Coolpix 8800 probably, although I hear there are problems with that model as well.:sad:

DeanB,

I know it's a long ways off, but my brother is coming in from Vancouver this weekend. Maybe you can send over a good working A2 for me.:-)Ha ha ha.

Best regards to all.

Dinky
Dinky is offline   Reply With Quote