Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Nov 2, 2002, 4:05 PM   #1

Default Dimagi 7i Viewer Converting Color Profiles

Help please!!!! I'm a newbie and I got the 7i. When I set up the Viewer software, I set up the color space to sRGB. I also used sRGB Monitor for my Windows monitor and the icc for my Dye-Sub printrer (HiTi 630-PS). Now with this setup do I have to resave the photos in order to get the new color processing or does it do it on its own? I read that the Original sRGB setting just allows the viewing output and print to be color corrected, but not the actual image. Also what color temp should I have my monitor set at? Plain and simple I'm dumb and I need you experts to help me out. So much for being in the electrical engineering field............. Thanks much for any help
Binji7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 2, 2002, 8:11 PM   #2

the images right out of the camera on the 7i are close enough to true sRGB that there will be no issue if they are not converted by the DIVU v2.0X. i only use the DIVU to convert RAW images to TIFF or sRGB. my monitor is corrected by colorvision to sRGB. as far as your color temp that is the room you work in. and the printer i have no clue unfortunately with a dye sub.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2002, 11:53 PM   #3
NHL

Binji7

You'll need to save in Divu any file otherwise everything will get undone once you get out!

EE hey?

Same here, that's make at least three of us on this Forum... Analog or Digital? Trust me it's all mostly software nowadays with Verilog and all...
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2002, 3:13 PM   #4

I work for Keithley Instruments as a Sr. PCB Designer. My first love is digital but when you start doing high-speed PCB simulations everythings falls back to analog - and then my hair falls out!!! Thank you guys so much for the help, I remember when I thought I was so smart (right around the time a got my ham radio license - N8SYJ) then came along direct digital modulation and spread spectrum - and I'm lost again.
Old Nov 7, 2002, 11:08 AM   #5

NHL

Make that four, if you did not count me, and if being retired still counts. Mostly analog, high power power supplies for lasers the last 21 years. Have worked for Ampex, HP, Singer, Systron-Donner, Coherent, and sadly a few others.
charlibob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2002, 5:22 PM   #6
NHL

charlibob

Well the official count is now 4 evenly spaced with 2 analog & 2 digital (if we can count Binji as a digital person). Binji7 do you use Quicksim on Mentor?
Old Nov 7, 2002, 6:33 PM   #7

I have the unforrtunate experience of working with CADENCE (although they are getting better, and do have really good PSPICE SIM). Started off using Protel, which I really liked (for the money) and still use today for "moonlighting". But hands down, nobody does PCB SIM like Cadence's SPECCTRAQUEST - But get ready to roll up your mental sleeves........
Old Nov 7, 2002, 8:50 PM   #8
NHL

Binji7

Well the company you work for usually decide which system to use, and we're stuck with it. Are you Sun or PC based (since you're not HP)? I don't do boards, but mostly FPGAs and some ASICs with Verilog/Synopsis. Look's like we have quite an engineering crowd frequenting theses forum.

Thank for posting thoses sky shots... You know that you can go from 0 to -3 right? (to decrease the effect). Combined this adjustment with the sharpness setting permutation and you've gotten yourself quite a powerful & flexible instrument.

... It's too bad, you've just let the cat out of the bag (should have kept it a secret :lol: :lol: :lol

BTW go easy on the vivid setting. It's much better to control the color and saturation in Photoshop (or others). Doing it in the camera just bring it closer to the clipping point! The older D7 has much wider color space (which was very good for Photoshop), but nobody realised that! and prefer the narrower sRGB color space of the PC only (from reading too many forums). ie I would set my camera to AdobeRGB if I had a D7hi (and wouldn't worry about how flat it look on a PC screen). Import this to Photoshop and you can do wonder!

Happy Shooting...