Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Nov 2, 2002, 9:27 PM   #1

Default No More Noise About NOISE

Took my first portrait tonight with the D7Hi using my 5600HS.
Check it out. Tell me what you think.

SteveZ

http://www.pbase.com/image/6697905/medium
Steve Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 3, 2002, 7:06 AM   #2
NHL

SteveZ

You're getting there, but I think it could be a little bit darker. Since you're still experimenting try the wireless mode and see if you can get rid of the shadow (or bounce the light down).

You must have things for white like sjms says, the subject could use a darker background as well. Overall you've capture quite a natural look, great work!
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2002, 9:38 AM   #3

Thanks, NHL. I had the 7hi mounted vertically on the tripod with the 5600 mounted on the hotshoe sideways. That's why the wall on the right is so bright. Also, the chair /subject was too close to the wall, therefore the shadows. My next project is to try the flash in wireless mode and position it off to the side. Back to the drawing board.
Old Nov 3, 2002, 10:46 AM   #4

Steve Z

i apologize for getting a little out of conrol there. that image is a great improvement over the first ones. if you direct shoot into a white or really light backround tur in trouble. use the strobe off camera at angles so the flash bounce goes off angle also (that is if you insist on using the light backround). welcome to the users group. now go forth and suck down those batteries.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2002, 10:53 AM   #5
NHL

Pretty good software that Steve have here hey? It automatically filters word for you even when the meaning is not cursory!

Now only if it can filter the N sound out of the Minolta forum... :lol: :lol: :lol:
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2002, 11:13 AM   #6

you mean i have to say "reduce the internal electrical supply rapidly" now. oh, darn!. plus i don't really think that particular word was used in a less than appropriate way. oh well
Old Nov 3, 2002, 11:16 AM   #7

i think a list of inappropriate words should be posted
it would look something like this:

though i think a spell checker would have been a better plug in. we all need it every now and then
Old Nov 3, 2002, 12:22 PM   #8

Thanks, SJMS. I guess that's why portrait photographers sometimes use a black backdrop for portraits. My subject does have a pale, pasty complexion and the shot needs more contrast between her face and the wall behind her.
Old Nov 4, 2002, 7:06 AM   #9

Default Great to see...

That you and your 7 and getting to know each other better

Currently looking through my un-calibrated monitor at work, but her skin shows a bit of a cyan/blueish cast here.

Sometimes its real hard to get the WB correct over the entitre spectrum (or pleasing to the eye).

:idea: Shots like this can be rescued when in 'a spot' though, by selectively using 'hue/saturation' in p.s. performing it only on the colors you want (there's a color-picker tool in the hue/sat dialog, look into it if intrested). This way, it's possible (most of the time), to adjust the skintone to a more pleasing one, without knocking the background and clothing / hair etc. out of balance.

Anyhow, have fun and find yours in the good light
fotograafdigi is offline   Reply With Quote