Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Apr 4, 2005, 1:07 PM   #91

:lol: I knew someone'd say that. Even wanted to put a warning. When making a shot I especially tryed to get both the moon and that star... So don't confuse people :-)
Gosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2005, 8:56 AM   #92

st202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2005, 12:18 PM   #93

Just returned from Tucson, AZ where I gave my new A200 a workout. Had some problems with autofocus, which I discovered has been a problem with others. Think I have it figured out now, though.

What I am impressed with is the zoom. I have the digital zoom turned off, but as you can see from these pictures that the optical does a great job.

We were driving cross country from Tombstone towards Sonoita when I discovered 'something' in the sky. It was quite hard to see with the naked eye so we stopped and I zoomed in on it and took the first picture. When we got back to our motel I downloaded the picture and went to actual pixels with Photoshop Elements 3 and this is what it was (second picture). It is an 'aerostat' which is a tethered radar system. My guess is that it was 5-10 miles away at Ft. Huachuca, covering the US-Mexican border.

Barb
Attached Images

sophiafatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2005, 12:20 PM   #94

and here is the second one...

Barb
Attached Images

sophiafatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2005, 1:02 PM   #95

That's quite a gadget they have there, Barb ! Well caught from such a distance. Wish I was back on holiday in Arizona, it's just gorgeous.

Frank
Phranque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2005, 5:20 AM   #96

redSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2005, 1:25 PM   #97

Hi,

I've just bought my beautiful A200 and done a quick "trial session" some days ago downtown Rome.

Here below I've posteda nice result… (1600x1200, extra fine quality, Hoya SUPER PRO1 HMC Multi Coated UV Filter).

Finally, after this short period of usage, I'd like to share some considerations with you:

• The camera is extraordinary friendly to use, my learning curve (for all the main functionalities) was about 2 hours [/*]
  • Overall dimensions and weight are extremely comfortable [/*]
  • Some problems (more than expected) focusing objects with artificial or low light[/*]

Did you experienced the same problem I had on focusing? Any Solution to mitigate this problem?

Any contribution will be welcome!

Paolo

Attached Images

Scrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2005, 1:30 PM   #98

...another one...

Attached Images

Old Apr 17, 2005, 1:33 PM   #99

...the last one...

Attached Images

Old Apr 17, 2005, 2:11 PM   #100
stk

hi Scrat

Nice pictures, I especially like the first. I love the way this camera gives no artifacts on the edges.

I also find the camera really nice to handle and enjoy it more and more as I use it.

I think we have all had experience of focus issues in low light (and sometimes in good light). Not found a 'solution' as such, but in my case the problems have seemed to get less with time. The camera doesn't change but I think you learn to understand the camera better and how to get the best from it, both in low light and small targets.

I don't have too many problems getting a picture now in low light, but sometimes have to focus a few times to get it right.

Cheers
Steve
stk is offline   Reply With Quote