Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Apr 20, 2005, 1:01 PM   #111

Yes, that's better Catbells, I prefer the cropping too. I tend to print/display full frame and this can be a mistake all too frequently. Thanks for that.

Actually I'm having a few problems with color and must make more effort to get my camera/monitor/printer/photoshop/photopaint all pulling in the same direction! So much depends upon whether I am sitting up straight or lounging about in this chair. Saturation level was particularly difficult with this shot.It's a good monitor (LG L1710B) but nothing like as good as the (big,bulky) CRT model Sony 100ES.

Frank
Phranque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2005, 1:22 PM   #112

Here's one taken on the Pacific Coast Highway in California. I was fortunate enough to be out there on business and took over 400 shots. This is one of my favorites and the first one I've gotten around to processing.

Howard
howardka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2005, 8:29 PM   #113

Nice picture, Howard! There are so many opportunities for great pictures along the coast and you got just the right lighting!

Barb
sophiafatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2005, 4:07 AM   #114

Thanks Barb. I was lucky to have such good light. It was early evening and I got that "golden hour".

However, I think this one is interesting too in slightly less perfect conditions :-)

Howard
Old Apr 25, 2005, 8:51 PM   #115

That's nice, too, Howard! Just where along the coast were you?

Hey, SCRAT, was that Castle Gandolfo in one of your pictures? I don't recall (from my 1978 visit) that it was curved? Is that an effect from the lens or someother speciality feature?

Barb
sophiafatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2005, 11:22 PM   #116

I've had my A200 for 2 weeks and love it. With all the discussions on focusing I spent a fair amount of time testing that issue. The attached photo of the busting out "pussywillow" buds is shot looking up into the sky - a test for any camera.

Exposure: 1/320 sec, f 4.5, ISO 50

Focal Length: 194mm, macro
Attached Images

rvtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2005, 3:39 PM   #117

Thanks Barb. I was in the San Jose area for business but managed to take some time and drive up to San Francisco and then down to Monterey along the Pacific Coast Highway. What an amazing drive. Here's another one:

Howard
Old Apr 27, 2005, 3:17 PM   #118

Hi Barb,

the building shown in the picture is not Castel Gandolfo, it's a police station located in the neighborhood of the well known Pantheon, just in the center of Rome!

They have such a special headquarter because they are specialized in the protection of the cultural heritage assets!

The building is exactly as it appears in the picture, its fa├žade is curved according to the typical design of the late baroque period (XVIII century)!

Bye!

Paolo

Scrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 12:16 PM   #119

here are 2 new pics i took with my A200

Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 2:54 PM   #120

More seasonal 'yellow' from North Wales - Dandelions near Nantglyn.
Attached Images

Phranque is offline   Reply With Quote