Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jan 31, 2005, 4:46 PM   #41

Hi,

Got my A200 this friday! I came from a PowerShot A80 and basically just wanted something faster and better at low-light shots. I read about the A200 and was intrigued. So far the camera has more than met my expectations. In fact, I am pretty exstatic! Of course, I also read a lot of the crap that has been said about it, but -luckily - I didn't believe it, and here I am! Hereare a couple of the pictures I have taken so far (more will be added at the same address):

http://fototime.com/inv/82824B831829D90

janniklindquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2005, 7:54 PM   #42

janniklindquist wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

Got my A200 this friday! I came from a PowerShot A80 and basically just wanted something faster and better at low-light shots. I read about the A200 and was intrigued. So far the camera has more than met my expectations. In fact, I am pretty exstatic! Of course, I also read a lot of the crap that has been said about it, but -luckily - I didn't believe it, and here I am! Here are a couple of the pictures I have taken so far (more will be added at the same address):

http://fototime.com/inv/82824B831829D90
Welcome aboard, jannik & congratulations! Looks like there's more A200 owners joining almost everyday now.

Nice pictures, by the way!

BoneDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2005, 5:01 PM   #43

Hey jannik, good to see another happy A200 owner.

Isee from your photos that they are all taken at ISO800. Are you aware of this or set this ISO purposely? Its just that most of your photos are taken in light conditions which means you can get away with a slower ISO = less grain and better image quality. Just trying to help.

gogogo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2005, 5:27 PM   #44

gogogo5 wrote:
Quote:
Hey jannik, good to see another happy A200 owner.

Isee from your photos that they are all taken at ISO800. Are you aware of this or set this ISO purposely? Its just that most of your photos are taken in light conditions which means you can get away with a slower ISO = less grain and better image quality. Just trying to help.

Thank you for your comments. I came from a Canon PowerShot A80 which gave me a very hard time with low-light conditions. This is the main reason why I began my A200-life with a lot of ISO800-pictures. Another reason was that I was simply curious to see how well the A200 would perform with this ISO-value. In other words, I chose ISO800 on purpose in those pictures - most of the time! A couple of times I just didn't think about it. I have since realized that I can - as you put it - get away with much slower ISO-values with this camera than with my PowerShot A80. I am experimenting a lot with that at present.
janniklindquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2005, 2:36 PM   #45

I'm a sucker for primroses; they seem to start flowering earlier each year and last right through until April.

This shot taken to day on a dull overcast day in poor light without flash using Vivid mode:

Size - 3264x2448
Resolution - ExtraFine
ExposureTime - 1/200 seconds
FNumber - 3.50
ExposureProgram - Normal program
ISOSpeedRatings - 100
ExposureMode - Auto
WhiteBalance - Auto
Contrast - Normal
Saturation - Normal
Sharpness - Normal
SubjectDistanceRange - Macro

and post processed using Photoshop using UnSharpMask & level adjustment to increase the brightness.
Attached Images

Catbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2005, 3:29 PM   #46

Well the sun finally came out on the weekend and I was able to get this shot with my A200. Other than cropping and hiding another flag, this is an out-of-the-camera jpeg.

sahall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2005, 1:13 PM   #47

I have spent many hours watching A200 posts. And probably as many looking at pictures. I finally decided I would give one a try. Nothing fancy here in the picture department, but a good representation of what the camera did, no PP work here except for the resize. So far, I am happy. Indoor low light is sometimes difficult. I'll learn to live with it.

Attached Images

blckthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2005, 1:19 PM   #48

An indoor shot of the animals, not bad except for the green eyes.
Attached Images

Old Feb 13, 2005, 1:20 PM   #49

The cat's not too excited about this
Attached Images

Old Feb 13, 2005, 1:21 PM   #50

She's just one big, happy, spoiledhouse dog!
Attached Images