Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Mar 9, 2005, 3:15 PM   #71

This camera is for the birds :lol::lol::lol:

Howard
howardka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2005, 1:51 PM   #72

Chester Cathedral.

A200. 1second at F2.8. Manual. 28mm equiv. Ambient lighting.
Attached Images

Phranque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2005, 10:29 PM   #73

nice shot Mr. Kiwi

....makes me long to visit new zealand and meet the mauri's

gregg:-)
gregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2005, 12:59 AM   #74

I got an A200 last week and on my first weekend out tried to capture a baseball game... here are some action shots (caveats: This was myfirst days using the camera, my first digital camera,my first attempt at sport photos,I had no tripod, and I'm still playing around with the JPG conversions which does not do the 11MB RAWphotos justice).

The A200 is a bit challengingforsports photos due to the way the LCD goes dark between each shot. You gotta prefocus too to get action. It's workable but takes practice.

For a 750K animated gif of a pitcher taken using HS, see this:
http://www.ebeyond.com/gallery/galle.../koryjudd.html

Here's the whole "roll". The only touch ups were to lighten some of these that looked great on one computer (LCD) but got dark on another (CRT).
http://www.ebeyond.com/gallery/index...ball+3-25-2005
(note: earlier galleries on that site are taken with a Fujifilm mini-zoom film camera)

The attachedphoto was taken at a night game.

-Chad
Attached Images

celsius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2005, 1:01 AM   #75

Another baseball picture...
Attached Images

Old Mar 29, 2005, 1:02 AM   #76

Full moon.
Attached Images

Old Mar 29, 2005, 4:30 AM   #77

Celsius,

Why do you think that the conversion from RAW to JPG introduced vignetting?

I have noted that with a protective UV filter attached to my A200 there is some vignetting, Much of it can be cropped but I read somewhere that hinted that only filters <5mm thick will produce no vignetting. These tend to be 5 times higher priced than regular filters.

For the British viewers, this shot was taken on an overcast day at a local park in Hawaii.

selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2005, 10:05 AM   #78

Sorry...You are correct, I should have said it made it more noticable. It is hardly visible on the raw images but indeed there. Now that I think about it, I may have gotten some vignetting because I wasn't always snapping the lens hood fullyin place.

Good advice on the UV... I had ordered a Hoya UV from 2filters.com early last week but I didn't get it before Friday. It was here when I got back Monday. I'll see if that improves it.

So far, the only thing I actively don't like about this camera is the lens cap which my fingers are too big to open using the center grip... maybe I'll try to add a rubber grip to it.

-Chad
Old Mar 29, 2005, 12:43 PM   #79

A couple from my recent trip to Washington, DC taken with my A200. Unfortunately the weather was awful, cold damp and just gray all of the time :sad:

Howard
howardka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2005, 3:04 PM   #80

unfortunately it will be overcast and grey in DC for about the next 3 years and 9 months when we get to try and a elect a US president who actually might lower gas prices, financially support education, care about the unemployed, end the war in Iraq, restore respect around the world, and not give welfare, excuse me...tax breaks to the wealthiest americans....while telling us we have to make sacrifices during wartime and lying that he "knows how to deal with OPEC" to get votes

by the way gas priceshave goneup 10-20% in the last 2 weeks here in the good 'ol USA

sorry,couldn't resist

gregg

gregg is offline   Reply With Quote