Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Dec 29, 2004, 10:22 AM   #1

Could A200 users post images here for those of us that would like to see what the camera is capable of doing; review images are a tad misleading.

Here's one that I took outside the dealer's shop in Newport, Isle of Wight on a relatively dull day with no sunshine.
Camera settings: Image size - 3264 x 2448, Quality - Fine, Auto, 1/100s, f3.5, 50 ASA
Attached Images

Catbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 29, 2004, 11:02 AM   #2

Zooming to a longer focal length, the camera focused on the girl in the foreground, which probably was the best position.
Camera settings:Image size - 3264 x 2448, Quality - Fine, Auto, 1/60s, f3.5, 100 ASA
Attached Images

Old Dec 29, 2004, 11:06 AM   #3

Using the macro at the telephoto end, this shot shows the shallow depth of field that exist.
Camera settings:Image size - 3264 x 2448, Quality - Fine, Auto, 1/60s, f3.5, 160 ASA
Attached Images

Old Dec 29, 2004, 11:10 AM   #4

Using flash on the assistant.
Camera settings:Image size - 3264 x 2448, Quality - Fine, Auto, 1/160s, f3.2 200 ASA
Attached Images

Old Dec 29, 2004, 2:35 PM   #5

Catbells wrote:
Quote:
Could A200 users post images here for those of us that would like to see what the camera is capable of doing; review images are a tad misleading.

Here's one that I took outside the dealer's shop in Newport, Isle of Wight on a relatively dull day with no sunshine;camera settings:Auto, 1/100s, f3.5, 50 ASA
Hi Catbells...

Those pics look pretty good to me. Did you downsize the images in the PC or set the camera to a smaller image size?

What was your impression of the A200's ergonomics/handling?

cheers...Santos
Santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2004, 3:23 PM   #6

Santos wrote:
Quote:
Those pics look pretty good to me. Did you downsize the images in the PC or set the camera to a smaller image size?

What was your impression of the A200's ergonomics/handling?

cheers...Santos

Hi Santos

I should have mentioned that the image size was set to 8M i.e. 3264 x 2448 which I always use - I'm not sure if cameras have improved but previously I've found that the camera resize capability is questionable & it's better to save a full CCD sensor sized image at the least compression.

Quality was set to Extra Fine but for some reason when I checked, I noticed that it was Fine.

These images have been resized in Adobe Photoshop (bicubic sharper) to 1000 x 750 and saved down to withing 250K for publishing here.

In terms of ergonomics, I really like the A200; it's comfortable in the hand, the manual zoom is really good & muchbetter than the motorised one on my Fuji.

Old Jan 16, 2005, 2:28 PM   #7

This thread is somewhat lonely for lack of input from A200 owners.

It would be nice to see what results users are getting from their A200s, so how about it, please post your images for us all to see.
Old Jan 16, 2005, 3:11 PM   #8

Hi Catbells,

Sorry I can't add to the pictures of A200 owners, but as one who is searching for a new camera and highly considering the A200, those pictures you put will be filed away in the back of my mind and help push me to the A200. I too would like to see others. I have been going back and forth between the A200 and a Z3.

The manual zoom feature, the improved over the Z3, EVF and general feel of the camera have me leaning toward the A200.

Thanks, Mike :-)

blckthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2005, 12:52 PM   #9

Catbells wrote:
Quote:
This thread is somewhat lonely for lack of input from A200 owners.

It would be nice to see what results users are getting from their A200s, so how about it, please post your images for us all to see.
I'll see if I can get some images posted as soon as my camera gets here, which should be this week.

BoneDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2005, 1:57 PM   #10

I also cannot add any pictures because I do not own the A200. In fact, my current camera is a Fuji Finepix 2600 Zoom that I got in 2001 -- it's about time to upgrade! I've been borrowing cameras that range from a Kodak DX6490 to the Canon 20D. My finances are finally showing improvement and allowing me to upgrade.

I was considering the Rebel for a long time, but I'm turned off to the idea of needing lots of investment in money and space (especially while traveling) to get what I want. I am unfortunately a poor student at the moment. Then the S1 IS caught my eye, but it wasn't quite 'right.' Then, just recently, I liked the Pro1, but I wanted an image stabilizer and a better movie mode. Long story short, after waiting for 2 years to upgrade my camera, Iím now in love with the A200.

I only have two hesitations now: I want to actually hold the camera before I buy it, and I want to know if it can take decent portrait shots (my simple criteria: blurry background :-)). As for the first hesitation, I will have to wait until a store in my area gets the A200 in stock. I can wait. As for the second, this thread is great! The sample pictures here have really helped. I look forward to seeing other pictures as they come in. And I will post my pictures once I get the camera -- though that may not be until late February/early March.

Oh, and just so no one feels a need to enlighten me -- the decisions and criteria that Iíve mentioned are very, very simplified for this post. I just didnít think anyone would be interested in reading 2 years worth of debating a dSLR vs. prosumer vs. ďfunĒ camera :-)
MictXP is offline   Reply With Quote