Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Dec 31, 2004, 12:09 AM   #1

Hi,
I just purchased a KM Z2 a few months ago, and recently discovered you could get RAW format onto it. I have looked many places and haven't found the hack. Does anyone know of a link to get to it? Also once you download the hack how do you get it onto your camera? Thanks
Flame
Minolta_nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 1, 2005, 9:55 AM   #2

The raw hack address, install instructions, raw converter address, and general usage instructions are on the following thread.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...=20&page=1

It has worked great for me.
Kilbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2005, 3:23 PM   #3

Thank you for replying so quickly but when I click on the link to download the software it comes up with this 18kb file that is zipped. Then when I try to unzip the file, it says it is corrupted. What am I suppose to do?:?: Does anyone have a direct link for the hack? Or the file it's self they could post? Thanks much!
Flame
below is a screenshot of the error message when I try unzipping.
Attached Images

Old Jan 1, 2005, 9:31 PM   #4

I believe I had to try a few times before I got the full 786kb zip file.

Old Jan 1, 2005, 10:33 PM   #5
Administrator

Minolta_nut wrote:
Quote:
Thank you for replying so quickly but when I click on the link to download the software it comes up with this 18kb file that is zipped. Then when I try to unzip the file, it says it is corrupted. What am I suppose to do?:? Does anyone have a direct link for the hack? Or the file it's self they could post? Thanks much!
Flame
below is a screenshot of the error message when I try unzipping.
See this thread:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=20

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2005, 11:07 PM   #6

I keep trying and trying but it doesn't work. I right click and select save link as, but it keeps downloading the 18kb file. I can't understand why either. :sad: thank you for trying to help though.
Old Jan 1, 2005, 11:54 PM   #7
Administrator

Minolta_nut wrote:
Quote:
I keep trying and trying but it doesn't work. I right click and select save link as, but it keeps downloading the 18kb file. I can't understand why either. :sad: thank you for trying to help though.
Did you read the thread I referred you to? You can't right click and try to save the first link. Click on it (left mouse key). This takes you to another download page.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2005, 11:59 PM   #8

If you would like to share your email address I will sentthe zip fileto you.
Old Jan 2, 2005, 12:05 AM   #9

I did try clicking on the link but nothing happened it just reloaded the page I was on. It was quite weird. So I thought I would try a different computer to see if that was the problem, and it was! First time I tried it on my other computer it worked! Thanks for the offer anyhow Kilbride. I do have one question now though. I am having a hard time installing it onto the camera. I format my card, insert it into my card reader, and upload the file, but when I put it into the camera nothing happens. and I do have it set on playback setting. What am I doing wrong this time?
Thanks for all the help!!!
Flame
Old Jan 2, 2005, 3:02 AM   #10

Well I finally figured out how to install the RAW firmware! Thank you all so much for your help! Now does anyone know a good editing program that will work well with my Z2 RAWs?
Thanks again!
Flame