Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jan 1, 2005, 5:36 AM   #1

I've got one big problem with my new konica minolta dimage g600 camera. The len is permanently opened, and when I move lens cover (main swith) firstly there's a view but very blurred and than on the screen, in blue background there's a message "system error s0042" displayed. What should I do now? I tried to remove battery, memmory card, but nothing happened, please help me !! write to me e-mail ([email protected]), or in this topic..I'm waiting
yo_cms is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 1, 2005, 11:28 AM   #2
Administrator

Your camera is going to need a trip back to Konica-Minolta for repair (unless your vendor will swap it out for you).

This error isusually fatal, and indicates a mechanical problem in the lens mechanism. I've seen it reported before, and it appears to be similar to the E18 error you sometimes see reported on Canon models.

Fortunately, it's a very rare problem. Unfortunately, it happened to you. You may want to try gently wiggling the lens mechanism while powering it on and off to see if you can free the jam. But, it's unlikely that you'll be able to correct it yourself.

Hopefully, your vendor will agree to swap it out for you (I'd make sure to try this route, so that you don't need to send it back to Konica-Minolta).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2005, 11:45 AM   #3

thanks a lot for help... i hoped it not to be fatal, but fortunately its on guarantee (i had it only for 7 days) so there shouldn't be any problems with reparing the camera. And can you tell me, what can cause that kind of problems?
Old Jan 1, 2005, 11:55 AM   #4
Administrator

My guess is that something went wrong in the manufacturing process with one of the gears in the lens assembly (or with the assembly process itself).

I've only seen this error reported about a 6 times in the past with models using this lens design (KD-310z, KD-400z, KD-410z, KD-500z, KD-510z/G500, G600). It's a rare problem.

I'd try to get your vendor to replace it if possible (so that you don't have to wait on Konica-Minolta to repair it).

Good Luck.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2005, 12:48 PM   #5

once again thanks for help, I hope that there won't be any problems with changing my lens
Old Jan 7, 2005, 10:58 AM   #6

JimC! Once again big thanks for help. I've already received my new camera, and it's working You are great expert!!
Old Jan 31, 2005, 8:25 AM   #7

J've got the same problem with my Konica kd 310z.Reparation cost in FOTO WALTER is 100euro-I prefer to buy new one-probably not Konica/Minolta!
mactom12 is offline   Reply With Quote