Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jan 2, 2005, 5:47 PM   #1

Has anyone observed vertical steaking which forms around bright objects or areas in the field of view in the KM A2 EVF? It is very evident, very bright and very annoying although it apparently is only in the view finder because it does not show up in the recorded photograph. However it interferes with focusing and composing. The streaking occurs whenever there is a bright or white object in the field of view, such as a white painted building for example. You don't have to be pointing the camera into the sun. Does anyone know if this is inherent in the EVF of the A2 or is it a defect which shows up over time. I ask this because when I first got the camera it did not show the streaking. The phenomenon started to occur after I used the camera for about 2-3 weeks.

The streaking does get minimized or totally eliminated when the focus lock is engaged (shutter release button partly depressed). If the object is very bright the streaking is still presentthough subdued.

Any help on resolving this problem would be appreciated.

Mike
Mike Yang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 3, 2005, 1:45 AM   #2

I don't know to solve this problem, but my DiMAGE S414, 7Hi, A2, and my friends Z2 all do this. It doesn't show up on the picture, however if you are taking video, it will show up.
Maybe using a lense hood might help a little bit - to keep out some relfection from the side, but I guess since it only does it on bringt objects in the picture. ..that might not help:G.
Does anyone know if most all other brand of EVF cameras do this as well, or is it just KM (which I reeeeally really doubt)?
Hope that helps,
max
KM_krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 12:15 PM   #3

Check out this:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=10457770

/Clive
Clive Egginton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 2:17 PM   #4

Thanks Clive and KM_Krazy for your replies. It looks like the streaking in the EVF can't be eliminated in the KM A2 (according to the info from the forum postings on the Z3). Too bad - it really hampers composing. Is there any way that the A2 can be continuously operated "stopped down" to the set aperture without having to keep your finger on the half-depressed shutter button?

My Olympus 10X 2.1 MP point and shoot does not exhibit this phenomenon at all in the EFV (much lower resolution EVF) - you can point the camera straight at the setting sun and it's blinding, but no streaking.

Mike
Mike Yang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 3:01 PM   #5

Mike Yang wrote:
[quote]Thanks Clive and KM_Krazy for your replies. It looks like the streaking in the EVF can't be eliminated in the KM A2 (according to the info from the forum postings on the Z3). Too bad - it really hampers composing. Is there any way that the A2 can be continuously operated "stopped down" to the set aperture without having to keep your finger on the half-depressed shutter button?

The only way that I know of to keep it "stopped down" is to use the DOF preview. (I do it by putting the camera to MF, then putting the dial to the "cust" setting and holding the center dial button)
That is harder than holding down the focus lock however:lol:.
I guess that the streaking in the EVF (and for me the LCD as well) is just a part of life .
Hope that helps,
max
KM_krazy is offline   Reply With Quote