Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Nov 7, 2002, 10:10 AM   #11

Default Re: Metz = lamps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cald
is a Metz a lamp or special flash?
Oh Cald, Metz is a third party flash manufacturer, like Sunpack, Vivitar, etc ...
Traditionally, the 45-CT1 ( the first of 45 series) is reputed to be the best “Wedding flash” , and was “paired with a reliable Nikon F2/F3.
http://www.pbase.com/image/1964130

see why people call them potato smashers? :mrgreen:
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2002, 10:55 AM   #12

Cald

You won't have to worry about PS hanging up removal of your microdrive if you use Explorer to handle transferring the files for you. A good way is to have an image temp subdirectory to dump new files into, and then access that from PS.
charlibob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2002, 12:53 PM   #13

as far as i understand, cald's condition is too bright from the alum case and reflection so the camera auto compensate it.

first, not use spot lights. second, try to block the reflection from the alum case. use white paper to cover the alum for example. also, try cover the on-camera flash with a milk bottle see it works better (as binji7 suggested).
zhu001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2002, 1:06 PM   #14

Did I heard milk bottle ?? see here :

http://www.stevesforums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3665

I did try this take 15 sec to do one, very good when you need a quick close macro in the hurry with the on board flash.
Old Nov 7, 2002, 9:21 PM   #15

I'm doing a mixture of macro's and shots out of that range. No flash involved. Found that indirect sun light worked pretty good without the hot spots from indoor flourescent lighting. Found some ideas for 'light boxes' and may build a big folding one with diffusers top and bottom and sides. Photoshop Elements 2.0 does a pretty good job of auto correcting color balance, In my case it made te aluminum (in sunlight) look like aluminum.
cald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2002, 9:30 PM   #16

Charlibob, I learned to 'back out' of directories until at 'My Computer' level i.e. displaying the hard drives, CD's, Zip and Compact Flash icon.
There I can get 'permission to safey remove the CF from my Zio reader. (I guess I'm just a slow learner.) :lol:
Old Nov 7, 2002, 9:32 PM   #17

PS. Chalibob, my last post was re: leaving Photoshop Elements on while removing the CF.
thanks
Old Nov 7, 2002, 9:37 PM   #18

Kcan, I've got a Sunpak AP-52 thyristor 'potato smasher with a bar/handle etc. for my old Yashica SLR. Wonder if I can sync it to the D7i?
Old Nov 7, 2002, 10:12 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by cald
Kcan, I've got a Sunpak AP-52 thyristor 'potato smasher with a bar/handle etc. for my old Yashica SLR. Wonder if I can sync it to the D7i?
Cald,
Why not? if you content yourself with manual and auto-aperture ( if available ) modes. Just take precaution regarding trigger voltage if necessary (PCT-100 or other way).
BTW, I don't see AP-52 in the Sunpack catalog , an old model? do you have a pic of that? I am just curious and love old stuff