Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jan 4, 2005, 6:56 PM   #1

How can i find out how many pics did my camera do ? THX
Bimm3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 5, 2005, 11:54 AM   #2

HELP please.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 1:11 PM   #3

I don't have a Z2, so I don't really know. . .but I don't thik that it has one :S. I don't know if any of the KM cameras have them actually. Anyone know?:?:
Hope that helps,
Max
KM_krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2005, 3:17 PM   #4

Bimm3r wrote:
Quote:
I'm not sure what your question is. If you want to know how many pictures your camera hasEVER taken you are out of luck. If you want to kow how many pictures are currently on your memory card, just look at the bottom right of the playback view screen. It willread something like (0044/0044) which means you are viewing picture number 44 of 44 pictures currently stored on the card.In record mode, the number in this location is the estimated number ofadditional pictures you can take before filling up the card. Ihave a Z1 and an F200 and they both display this same information. I'm pretty sure the Z2 does the same thing.
Puck M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2005, 4:07 PM   #5

Puck M wrote:
Quote:
Bimm3r wrote:
Quote:
I'm not sure what your question is. If you want to know how many pictures your camera has EVER taken you are out of luck. If you want to kow how many pictures are currently on your memory card, just look at the bottom right of the playback view screen. It will read something like (0044/0044) which means you are viewing picture number 44 of 44 pictures currently stored on the card. In record mode, the number in this location is the estimated number of additional pictures you can take before filling up the card. I have a Z1 and an F200 and they both display this same information. I'm pretty sure the Z2 does the same thing.
I think he meant how many it has EVER taken. I have an old Kodak (DC-215) and that was the only camera I have had that told me how many pics I have EVER taken on it (it also says how many times the flash has fired). Its not a bad feature, and I wish it was something KM would put on their cameras.
Hope that helps,
Max
Old Jan 6, 2005, 4:19 PM   #6

I wasn't sure what he was asking!. That's interesting about your old Kodak. I've never seen any camera that would do that! I learn something new every day!

Puck M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2005, 4:33 PM   #7
Administrator

Puck M wrote:
Quote:
I wasn't sure what he was asking!. That's interesting about your old Kodak. I've never seen any camera that would do that! I learn something new every day!
Most cameras probably have this information (how many photos it has taken). It's just not normally accessable by the user in most models.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2005, 5:08 PM   #8

JimC wrote:
Quote:
Puck M wrote:
Quote:
Most cameras probably have this information (how many photos it has taken). It's just not normally accessable by the user in most models.

do you know any way to maybe "hack" the camera to get it? I have an old S414 that has 9,000+ pics on it, but I would love to know for sure
Thanks,
Max
Old Jan 6, 2005, 6:39 PM   #9
Administrator

KM_krazy wrote:
Quote:
do you know any way to maybe "hack" the camera to get it? I have an old S414 that has 9,000+ pics on it, but I would love to know for sure
Thanks,
Max
No, not for the S414. I know how to get to this information in a Konica-Minolta G400, G500, or G600; but not for the S414 (it would be different). There are utilities available for some other cameras to get at the info (for example, some Nikon models). But, none for your camera that Iam aware of (other than what Konica-Minolta may have, that they'reunlikely to give you). ;-)
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2005, 5:47 AM   #10

Yeah. Thanks for the answers. I wanted to know how many picstures my camera has EVER taken. But it seems like it's impossilble to find out. @ Sony you can find out. Ok. Thanks Anyway !
:lol: