Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jan 9, 2005, 4:22 PM   #1

G'day...I was almost sold on FZ20 until now...but recently one of my friend bought a Konia-Minolta Dimage Z3 and after our discussion now, I am again back to square one!! :?

FZ20 may be better quality lens for still snaps, but doesn't have good quality video let alone inability to use its powerful zoom during video capture. Z3 on the other hand fills in both. What are other ++s or Z3? I don't really mind 4 MP images, weight or design.

I'm told the technology in both cameras for removing the blurrry images of shaky hands are different. Does anyone know what is the difference and which is better?

Thanks in advance
kash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 11, 2005, 12:33 PM   #2

I will try to be impartial. I suggest the FZ-20. It has less resolution, but the lens is much better.

If you want video, there are a lot of cheap videocameras that can do video better than any digital photo camera.
msantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2005, 5:25 PM   #3

G'day msantos ...thanks for your honest opinion, I too am leading towards FZ20 after I received all the feedbacks for it and none so far for K-M Z3. cheers...

P.S. Now, next struggle is to find one in black colour in Sydney (Australia)! :O
Old Jan 13, 2005, 1:31 AM   #4

msantos wrote:
Quote:
" . . . I suggest the FZ-20. It has less resolution, but the lens is much better . . . "
'MSantos' may be mistaken.Ibelieve the FZ20 hasmore resolution (5mp), than the4mp Z3.

However, I do agree with 'MSantos'; Go for the FZ20!The FZ20gets you a 5mp CCD, and that AWESOME 12X lens with F2.8 from 1X to 12X!

Again, I agree with 'MSantos'; Leave thevideos to videocams ... they do it best! Any video option on a still digicam, regardless of theresolution, is just afrill.

As for the anti-shake systems (image stabilization),K-M andPanasonic usedifferent methods (see the reviews on this site), butproduce similar results. Both are tentimes better than no anti-shake system at all!

G'day from 'The Great White North'!

:homey: Dean
DeanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2005, 6:00 AM   #5

G'day Dean 'mate' :-)thanks for your input on stabilization matter, I was told the same by a sales person...but he said the optical stabilization is better as the electronic system in K-M Z3 uses more battery

Anyway...i'm waiting to lay my hands on a black FZ20...the supply is controlled in Australia by Panasonic and they are releasing more silver colour models. I am a conventional black colour fan :G

cheers mate