Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Nov 9, 2002, 9:09 PM   #1

Default Stereo Photography with the 7i

A reason for selecting the Minolta 7i (or similar) that I have not seen mentioned is the 49mm front which allowed me to use a old Pentax stereoscopic adapter. It limits greatly the use of the zoom with few subject distances and focal lengths allowing overlapping images. The device wastes a lot of the 5 pixels but allowed me to make some reasonable nice stereos. Sample:
http://www3.photosig.com/viewphoto.php?id=403978
Is anyone else doing digitals stereo with a Minolta? How?
dougsmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 13, 2002, 1:41 PM   #2

I've been looking for one of those for ages but haven't seen one at a reasonable price. Very interesting results with the coins. Have you tried it on subjects with more depth like people?
padeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2002, 12:23 AM   #3

I have been rather disappointed with the results mostly due to the very narrow, tall images it makes. I am also concerned it might weigh enough to damage the lightweight lens structure of the 7i. I have done better coin stereos today using the camera alone and sequential exposures. I am convinced that the better answer for stereo is two small digitals mounted bas to base and tripped together.
dougsmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2002, 9:19 AM   #4

Here are some samples I've taken with the Pentax Stereo Adapter (49mm unit) and the D7i. I've found that if you use 43mm - 48mm zoom, you get the best results.

http://www.pbase.com/threedr/stereo_images

These are all cross-eye side-by's so you will need to view them slightly out of focus at first until you see three images across, then focus on the center image for the 3D effect. Make sure that the entire image is viewable on screen.
three3dr is offline   Reply With Quote