Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jan 14, 2005, 10:26 AM   #1

Hi Everyone, I've been visiting here for quiet a while now but, have only read post, So, Hello!

I have a little request to make from anyone who owns a Minolta Z3, I am looking to buy one & was wondering if one of you could direct me to a sample photo taken at full 4X=48X digital zoom. I have seen sample's of full wide & full 12X zoom but, haven't seen any in the digital end of the zoom! I know that you should avoid using the digital zoom but, I just want to see what it looks like, I will be using the camera for wildlife photography. It will mostly be for whitetail's, I figured if it don't look to bad at 4X digital zoom I could use my graphics program to fix them!?

Thank's, Phil B.
Sniperp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 14, 2005, 1:52 PM   #2

Yes, twomorrow I´ll make that for u. But 4x digital zoom u can make that in Photoshop or other software.

Byez
Abadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 8:10 PM   #3

i've had mine for a couple weeks, but haven't really tried the digital zoom before now. here's a couple i snapped off this afternoon. both are handheld. at 48x the antishake really does work well, but its' hard to keep the subject in the frame.

ISO 50

1/125 sec

ap 4.5
Attached Images

DigiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 8:19 PM   #4

one more.

iso 50

1/25 sec

ap 4.5
Attached Images

DigiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2005, 2:46 PM   #5

Hello,

I really don't suggest the digital zoom because the quality suffers.This is with I guess any digital camera that has 4mpixels in it. And as the other guys suggested, its better to zoom in with photoshop or some other programs!!!

Denzil
DENZILDON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2005, 7:50 PM   #6

All that digital zoom is, is on-camera cropping. I don't really see any point in using digital zoom :P
you might as well just crop your photo EXACTLY the way you want it in Photoshop (like the others have already said).
Hope that helps,
Max
KM_krazy is offline   Reply With Quote