Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Dec 5, 2002, 7:37 AM   #21

Ouch !(amazing thailand) Guess I''ll cross my fingers and count my blessings while the D7i still works :shock:
cald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2002, 8:12 PM   #22

My friend is here in Bangkok with me now, and the local repair shop has refused to do the warranty repair without written authorization from Minolta. He has deceided to wait until he gets back to the US to have the camera repaired. In the meantime he is using my D7.

I don't believe the failure was related to the firmware upgrade, as it was performed about 2 months ago. I believe it is power related. He says the camera got very hot one day while shooting and just shut down on him. It has never powered up again. When you turn it on, if there is a CF card in the slot, the red light comes on, and stays on. No card, no light. We have tried everything we can think of to resurect the camera. Any suggestions from anyone out there would be most welcome.

Thanks all, Declan.
amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2002, 6:14 AM   #23
NHL

amazingthailand

How about performing the 'upgrade' process once again... you guys have nothing to lose!

May be the firmware in the camera internal flash get inadvertly corrupted, and now the camera boot loader is trying to load a new image from the CF socket. Otherwise the camera should say no card when you turn on the camera with no flash... 8)
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2002, 7:05 AM   #24

NHL, I tried reloading the (same) upgrade files a couple of times. Perhaps I should download them via Windows 2000 at work and give it another shot. I now do all my photo editing in Photoshop Elements 2.0 and appreciate the suggestiion to buy it. I'm grateful also for this forum!
cald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2002, 4:54 AM   #25

NHL,
I agree, we have nothing to lose. Unfortunately, it did not work. Zip, nada, nyet. Oh well, the camera goes back into the closet for now.
Thanks,
Declan
amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote