Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jan 16, 2005, 8:20 PM   #1

I JUST BOUGHT DIMAGE Z3 4,000,000 MEGS. MY QUESTION IS I CAN ONLY GET FILE SIZE'S THAT ARE 198.00 178.00 210.00 (SOME TIMES) I BOUGHT THIS CAMERA SO I WOULD GET LARGER FILE'S THAN WHAT I GOT WITH MY FUJI 602 THAT WAS 3 MEGS. I HOPE THAT SOME ONE OUT THERE CAN HELP WITH THIS BY THE WAY I HAVE THE CAMERA SET ON FINE AND 2272X1704

THANKS RONMAC

RONMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 16, 2005, 8:39 PM   #2
Administrator

RONMAC wrote:
Quote:
I JUST BOUGHT DIMAGE Z3 4,000,000 MEGS. MY QUESTION IS I CAN ONLY GET FILE SIZE'S THAT ARE 198.00 178.00 210.00 (SOME TIMES) I BOUGHT THIS CAMERA SO I WOULD GET LARGER FILE'S THAN WHAT I GOT WITH MY FUJI 602 THAT WAS 3 MEGS. I HOPE THAT SOME ONE OUT THERE CAN HELP WITH THIS BY THE WAY I HAVE THE CAMERA SET ON FINE AND 2272X1704

Welcome to the Forums.

The file sizes you get will depend on the amount of detail and color in the image. For example, if you take a photo that has a large area of the same color, it will compress more, and you get a smaller file size.

Yet, if you take a photo with a lot of detail, and a greater range of colors, then you'll get a larger file size.

If you compare the images in the "Sample Photos" section of each camera's review, you'll see that the DiMAGE Z3 does output larger file sizes for the same scene, compared to your Fuji S602z (when it's in 3MP versus 6MP Interpolated Mode). Of course, if you set your Fuji to a 6MP interpolated output, the file sizes will be larger.

DiMAGE Z3 Sample Photos

Finepix 602 Zoom Sample Photos

In any event, there can be a lot of difference between the amount of JPEGCompression being applied by camera manufacturers, too. So, I wouldn't let filesize alone be a guide as to the quality of the photos.

BTW, it's very hard to read your text color if you have the "Board Theme" (Under My Account, Preferences) set to default. Change your Board Theme setting to "default" and you'll see what I mean:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/m..._preferences=1

Also, on a forum, it's considered to be SHOUTING if you use all CAPS. Sometimes,new members are not aware of this.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote