Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jan 17, 2005, 12:00 PM   #1

I recently purchased my A200. The sales rep suggested that I get a Rodenstock 49mm UV filter to protect the lens. I told him that some people were experiencing focusing problems with their A2 due to using a filter. He informed me that this can happen due to reflection if not using a coated filter. Any comments?
agiaccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 17, 2005, 4:24 PM   #2

agiaccio wrote:
Quote:
I recently purchased my A200. The sales rep suggested that I get a Rodenstock 49mm UV filter to protect the lens. I told him that some people were experiencing focusing problems with their A2 due to using a filter. He informed me that this can happen due to reflection if not using a coated filter. Any comments?
you do not HAVE to use a filter. . .but it is risky not using one, as if you lens gets damaged, your camera is pretty much done (you have to get the lens replaced, which is not cheap) I would suggest using a Hoya 49mm filter, such as this one
http://www.adorama.com/HY49UVM.html?...20UV&item_no=3
I use UV filters on my D 7Hi, and my D A2, and my D S414, and I have had no problems.
Hope that helps
KM_krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2005, 6:42 PM   #3

agiaccio wrote:
Quote:
"I recently purchased my A200 . . . "
Hi AGiaccio! :bye:

So you bought an A200! GRRRRREAT! Please tell us how things are going with your new A200. There are LOTS of folks on this K-M forums page that would KILL to get some feed-back from you!

Please let us know how it's going with your A200.

Dean, et al
DeanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 6:11 PM   #4

KM_krazy wrote:
Quote:
agiaccio wrote:
Quote:
He informed me that this can happen due to reflection if not using a coated filter. Any comments?
From experience, using my Fuji S602, the filter only presented me with a problem when using super macro mode and focusing down to about 0.5 inch when dust on the filter became the object of the focusing mechanism of the camera; once removed the auto focus worked fine.

I can't see any reason why a UV filter, or any other filter come to that, should present problems.

I'm looking forward to getting my A200 & putting it through it's paces.
Catbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2005, 11:14 AM   #5

Can anyone please tell me where the best place in the UK to pick up filters for the A200?

Thanks in advance

Rhisop
rhisop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2005, 1:15 PM   #6

Bristol Cameras are selling the Slim Minolta Skylight filter for about £20.

I've currently got an oldHoya Skylight on mine from my old Pentax MX to protect the lens BUT am experiencing vignetting more noticeable on the top right side than the left - so I'd definitely go for a slim version to avoid this.

Catbells is offline   Reply With Quote