Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jun 3, 2005, 5:10 PM   #21

Hi Riot Act! I'm fascinated with your pictures, I've got myself set of tele zoom lens from Hoya but they doesn't work good for me, I couldn't focus my Z3 when using them, maybe I've did something wrong and I shouldn't use 2 of them at time, anyway after seeing your pictures I decide to check them tomorrow again and see if I can get such pictures with manual foucus.
BTW do you use autofocus and do you have any problems with focusing?
and another question, does your filter let you to make better close-ups or it doesn't work for this purpose?
sensovision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2005, 10:46 PM   #22

Quote:
I've got myself set of tele zoom lens from Hoya but they doesn't work good for me, I couldn't focus my Z3 when using them, maybe I've did something wrong and I shouldn't use 2 of them at time
If you're using both teleconverters at the same time, that's most likely the problem. I only use one and autofocus works perfectly. The only time I have a problem with focusing is when shooting movies at maximum optical & digital zoom, although I don't recall if I had the teleconverter installed at the time.
Quote:
does your filter let you to make better close-ups or it doesn't work for this purpose?
I use the zoom if I want to stand back a couple feet from the subject but still get a close up. I haven't used it for any super macro shots so I don't know how well it will work. It might have problems focusing atan inch or two from the lens.The teleconverter decreases the depth of field as well, so that might besomething to consider.

How much did you pay for your adapters and what magnification are they? I didn't know Hoya made teleconverters butI guess they are the same as the Kenkos.
Riot Act is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2005, 7:58 AM   #23

strange, I think that I've used one filter as well and still have difficulties with focusing, anyway I'm going to find some time and test those filters again.
regarding your question there are 1x, 2x and 4x and it's claimed that I can use them all in the same time :roll: as for price I don't quite remeber as it was long ago, but I think it was something around 40-50 USD
sensovision is offline   Reply With Quote