Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jan 18, 2005, 3:09 AM   #1

Anyone know if any of the available teleconverters work on a Z10? I see the Raynox units work on the Z1/Z2/Z3.
Riot Act is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 18, 2005, 7:30 PM   #2

I don't own a z10 but IIRC the only difference between the z10 and the Z1, 2 & 3 is the Hotshoe Adapter, that your z10 does not have (e.g. you can not use a Maxxum / Program Flash unit),. Other then that I would belive that the z10 should be simular to the rest of the Family. Though I could be wrong.

Did you try looking at the space between the Lense Bareland the Houseing? Is it threaded? The Z1, 2 & 3 have these threads to accomadate the ZCW-100 (42mm - 52mm Diamater) Ring Addapter for Wide Angel and Telephoto Lenses, and Filters. With out those threads on your Camera theres not much chance that you could make use of these Accessories

Having done some of the Work for you on Google I found the Piece you need is called the ZCW-200 Unfoutunatly I do not know whatthe Camera to Accessory mesuments are though. :sad:

You might find some more info via Minolta, eBay or Google though...
Michael R. Habel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2005, 12:09 AM   #3

I'm aware of the ZCW-200 but that's a 0.7 wide converter, unless you're referring to the ring adapter included. I can get a 43-52mm ring adapter for $5 on Ebay . I know the teleconverters will fit the Z10 - I'm sure they'll fit just about any camera with the proper ring adapter, but that doesn't mean they'll work properly.That's why I'dlike to find someone who's tried onebefore I plunk down any dough.

Edit: It's the ZCA-x00 part numbers that are the adapters. The ZCW-200 wide converter probably fits right on the 43mm threads of the Z10, since the lens is completely enclosed.
Old Jan 19, 2005, 11:47 AM   #4

I bought some of these kinds of Lenses for my z1, off of eBay last Month. The Lenses were form a Company called Digital Concepts. The Lenses in question are a 2x Telephotoand a 0.5x Wide Angel. First off let me say that the 0.5x Wide Angel Lense does increase theviewing angelof the Camera. But, at the cost of serious Barrel Distortion. It's not to difficult to correct in post Prossesing, but it's very noticable.

As for the 2x Telephoto I really still have yet to experiment with it as I had to send my Camera back to Minolta for repairs, and only just got it back again last night. But, from the little that I did play with it I'd have to say that the 2x Tele is negligible at best.

Perhaps I'll post some Pictures (when I get a chance tolatter), demonstrating what I mean by the above.

Heres an example of the 2x Tele Lense I shot this though my Bedroom Window just a while ago. the first one's just the plan ond z1 with 4x Digi Zoom. The other is with 4x Digi Zoom and the 2x Tele Adappter... I used a 1/320 Shutter Speed and a f-Stop of 5.6 to get these Pics.

Another thing to note about these Add-on Lenses you can forget about the built-in Flash as the Tube and Lense Add-on will cast a shadow over your bottom half of the Photo, and eventhough it strangely not as bad as it usualy is there is indeed some Vignette (Soft Corners), going on as well. Given that the z10 does not have a Hotshoe attachment for the 2500, 3600 or 5600 Flashes this could be a problem for you...

Old Jan 19, 2005, 3:22 PM   #5

The Digital Concepts lenses are very low quality.I've seen sample pics and heard from other users who were disappointed with the results.Brands like Raynox are more expensive but the image quality is fantastic.

Post a couple of landscape pics,without the digital zoom. If you don't mind.

Old Jan 20, 2005, 7:27 AM   #6

The Weather isn't very good today but I think this might help you though...

The first Two are just the Camera no attachments to show what the Camera is capable of.

dimage z1 Wide

Dimage z1 Tele

Dimge z1 Tele - 2xTele

Dimage z1 Tele - 0.5Wide

Dimage z1 Wide - 0.5Wide

Old Jan 20, 2005, 5:51 PM   #7

Wow, that tele is nasty! Blurry all around the edges, and it only appears to be a 1.5x. :shock:
Old Apr 1, 2005, 10:22 PM   #8

Wow this must be a late reply after 2 months! I posted on the "Add-on lens" section originally. The Z10 has 43 mm filter size, and I bought the following:

Canon TL-43 1.7X teleconverter for Optura 100

from Comtec.ca, which is only ** CAN$10.43 ** - in fact S&H is actually more expensive than the lens itself!!

This is in fact a Canon camcorder teleconverter, but it works fine with my Z10, vignetting only in the lower 2/3 of the zoom range (but you want to use it in the tele-zoom range anyway). The quality is EXCELLENT - hey it's genuine quality Canon glass!

I also bought the Canon WD-43 0.7X wide angle converter for Optura from Comtec, but I am not too impressed with the increase in field as well as quality of the image.

Still: THEY BOTH ONLY COST CAN$10.43 EACH (about 30 bucks US for me, shipping, tax, everything included for both lenses!!!). They are brandname quality lens at bargain bottom price (cheaper than those third party add-ons)

These are end-of-the-line accessories for discontinued camcorders, and they are running out, so be quick!!
blindsight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2005, 6:47 AM   #9

Ordered! I only grabbed the telephoto... if the wide angle is as bad as you say, I probably wouldn't use it. Thanks for the tip!

Old Apr 2, 2005, 8:00 AM   #10

Hope you are happy with the tele, RA. I got delivery in about a week, but you should get it quicker than me since you live in Canada. Weather is terrible this weekend, and I didn't realise we can post pictures here. I'll also grab a few pictures with both lenses and post them.
blindsight is offline   Reply With Quote