Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jan 18, 2005, 3:46 AM   #1

Some tester claims that you can replace NP-800 battery withNikon EN-EL1 becuase it's electrical and physical eqvivalent. Is there anybody that has tested?

Zebulah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 18, 2005, 12:09 PM   #2

B&H which I view as a very reliable supplier sells a third party battery for the A200 which is labled as for NIkon En-EL1. I have it and it is the same size and connections and AH rating as the A200 battery for about $10 less.
gregell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2005, 2:33 PM   #3

I can concur with that. Here in the UK I paid £15 for the EN-EL1 which was third of the price of the NP-800.
Catbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2005, 6:35 PM   #4

How does it compare to the NP-800 as far as battery life? How many shots per charge do you get?

KM_krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 6:05 PM   #5

KM_krazy wrote:
Quote:
How does it compare to the NP-800 as far as battery life? How many shots per charge do you get?
I'm still waiting to get my hands on the A200 but I've already purchased the PowerMart DNK001 which is a direct replacement for the Nikon En-EL1 battery; it's a 7.4V 720mAh lithium ion battery as per the NP-800.

I can't see any reason why it should be inferior to the NP-800 given it's specification but I;ll get back to once the A200 arrived & I've put it through it's paces.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 9:00 AM   #6

Hi, I have just joined this forum as Irecently purchased a A200. A lot of the discussion on the forum helped me make my mind up. I was originally going to purchase a Canon G6but did not like the handling of it in the shop. I found that I had nowhere to put myleft hand!!! Anyway back to the originalpoint of my post,in the UK the following link is a for 7 day shop.com where EN-EL1 batteries are only£9.99.

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/prod...oducts_id=8142

Looking forward to contributing more on my A200 when I get used to it:-)

rhisop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2005, 1:08 PM   #7

rhisop wrote:
Quote:
7 day shop.com where EN-EL1 batteries are only£9.99.
Even cheaper on Ebay where the real thing - NP-800-will set you back £7-95 but I only saw that after I'd forked out £15 for the DNK001 which is a direct replacement for the Nikon En-EL1 battery - that's life.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 7:22 PM   #8

A few weeks ago I did a bunch of Goggling and convinced myself that the Minolta NP800 is an 800mAh battery. FindingMinoltaoneson the web doesn't seem too hard, but they are fairly pricey. It looks like some Chinese batteries (Roofer) may make there way here soon, but there is also an efilms battery (I think)

http://www.delkin.com/store/customer...=26&page=1

I would expect the 720 mAh batteries to be quite useful too. I don't have experience with any of these, but will probably want extra batteries after I geta A200 and get some idea of how many I would need for the memory cards I have.

Best,

Cliff
reiterc is offline   Reply With Quote