Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jan 20, 2005, 8:16 PM   #1

I got my A2 a week ago and the EVF worked fine. Now it has started to have streaks and shades of purple in it . I seems to be doing it only outside when the sun is out. Using the shade or pointing away from sun seems to make no difference. Is it defective or have I hit a wrong button somewhere?

Tommy
tmorris51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 20, 2005, 9:05 PM   #2

they all do that
KM_krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2005, 9:16 PM   #3

My 7hi didn't do it. Is there anything that can be done?

Tommy
Old Jan 20, 2005, 9:42 PM   #4

What exposure mode are you in?

If you are in Manual exposure mode -and- your 'monitor' (EVF/LCD) is set in exposure priority then your manual exposure settings (f-stop and shutter speed) may pose an EV that overwhelms the display (saturates the CCD). If you are in one of the auto exposure modes (A,S,P) or if your 'monitor' setting is display priority, then maybe there is something afoul with your camera.

jawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2005, 9:49 PM   #5

It was in Auto mode, fine, Xfine at 3264. Doesn't do it inside.

Tommy
Old Jan 20, 2005, 11:32 PM   #6

Tommy-
The fact that you don't see the EVF problem indoors (presumably lower light intensit y than your outdoor experience leads me to believe that what you are experiencing is normal for the Ax series cameras when the CCD gets saturated (i.e., when pointing to a bright light source). Your earlier comment that the problem persisted even when you were backlighted seemed to be not normal. Your EVF issue may, however, stem from the exposure settings that the A2 chooses in the 'Auto' mode.

I have an A1 (A2 behavior in this regard should be very similar).

I _never_ use Auto mode. It has a tendency to select an ISO setting that is, IMHO, just goofy for the situation. Use 'P' mode as the P&S mode but override the ISO selection. If I must set up for P&S, I use 'A' mode with the aperture = f5.6 (lens sweet spot), ISO = 100 (for your A2, I would suggest using ISO =64) and the preset white balence apt for the circumstances.

Mostly, I use manual exposure mode, and either preset white balance or custom white balance.

jawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2005, 6:07 AM   #7

Thank you very much Jawz. I will try the settings. The reason I posted is that I didn't notice it the first few days I had it. Thought some thing wrong with camera.

Tommy
Old Jan 21, 2005, 7:19 PM   #8

My A2 does that, my friends Z2 does that, and my S414 does that. . .thats why I said "they all do it" :lol:
However. . .come to think of it. . .my 7Hi (like yours) doesn't do it either, hmmmmm strange.
Max
KM_krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2005, 10:19 PM   #9

Its funny. It didn't show up until after I had the camera for week. Maybe the 7hi EVF isn't as sensitive. I wonder if anyone has had an answer from KM about this? The tip that "Jawz" told me helped but not completely.

Tommy
Old Jan 22, 2005, 12:43 AM   #10

tmorris51 wrote:
Quote:
The reason I posted is that I didn't notice it the first few days I had it.

Tommy
Perhaps for the first few days you were pre-occupied with looking at/learning about all of the other features to notice :-) Does it with mine too. One thought...........I'm not too technically minded, but, I wonder if it is because of the 922,000 pixels , possibly making it more sensitive to extreme light ?

Stevekin.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote