Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jan 21, 2005, 11:17 AM   #1

Hi everyone!

Here is trouble with my Z3.

Often, wheni start Z3, and when i startdo a focus (press short),the picture on LCD getting lost. There is a screenshot how it looks like:

http://dopusk.narod.ru/KM-Z3-Screen.jpg

but, if press button futher to shot a picture, then picture is OK (may be focus on this picsare not good, but anyway...) and after it isagain the same situation on LCD.

If i do a video then it looks like:

http://dopusk.narod.ru/KM-Z3-video.avi

This bug was from the begining, when i bought camera. And in 90 percent times it disapearing if i switch off and switch on camera.

I think that it is a problem with CCD.

Does anybody have the same probs? Your opinions about that bug? What do you think?
Attached Images

AlickS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 22, 2005, 2:03 PM   #2

Hi,

I haven't had this problem, but have you ever upgraded the firmware? A problem like this could arise if the firmware installed weird. Also it sounds like the camera was defective from the start. So I would call Minolta about this problem, and tell them that it happens like 90% of the time. If they don't do anything (but I think they will) then I would contact the store you bought it from. Seeing that it sounds like they sold you faulty merchandise. Although I think Minolta should be able to help you out. Especially since you didn't do anything to the camera.
Hope that helps you.
Flame
Minolta_nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 2:38 PM   #3

Minolta_nut wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

I haven't had this problem, but have you ever upgraded the firmware? A problem like this could arise if the firmware installed weird. Also it sounds like the camera was defective from the start. So I would call Minolta about this problem, and tell them that it happens like 90% of the time. If they don't do anything (but I think they will) then I would contact the store you bought it from. Seeing that it sounds like they sold you faulty merchandise. Although I think Minolta should be able to help you out. Especially since you didn't do anything to the camera.
Hope that helps you.
Flame
No, I doubt it is a firmware problem. . . I think you just got a defective camera. Bring it back to the store, and see if you can return it for another one. . .otherwise contact KM.
Max
KM_krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 4:22 PM   #4

Thanx, folks.

That was on both firmwares 1.01e and 1.02e (latest one).

Gonna contact KM service centre.

Thanx once more. Try to keep you informed about that.
AlickS is offline   Reply With Quote