Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jan 21, 2005, 7:32 PM   #1

Back a few months when I was looking at getting the A2, I saw ad in the back of an OP magazine from Digital Liguidators that quoted the A2 as being around 500 bucks. I called them and they said that that was a misprint, and the price was about 100 bucks more (I don't remembr the exact prices anymore:lol
Recently I called about the Maxxum 7D for sale for $1125 and the told me "they are all sold out" and hung up on me right away.
Are these guys a scam?
BTW, they are selling the A200 for $580
http://www.digitalliquidators.com/de...p?id=mndima200
Thanks,
max
KM_krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 21, 2005, 7:35 PM   #2

The A2 is advertized in the back of my Popular Photography and Imaging mag. for $429.
Thanks,
Max
Old Jan 21, 2005, 9:45 PM   #3

Well, they have a 512mb compact flash card for $239 and a ~4 year old Kodak Compact flash reader for $59 so that should give you an idea of what type of outfit they are. :G
Riot Act is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2005, 9:48 PM   #4

KM_krazy wrote:
Quote:
The A2 is advertized in the back of my Popular Photography and Imaging mag. for $429.
Thanks,
Max
My question is: is the camera re-furbed?
BoneDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2005, 9:59 PM   #5

ya, most of the cameras must be re-furbed, And they do sell some older products for high prices, but how would you explain the Maxxum 7D for 995, and the A200 for 580?
I dunno :O.
Old Jan 21, 2005, 10:37 PM   #6

KM_krazy wrote:
Quote:
ya, most of the cameras must be re-furbed, And they do sell some older products for high prices, but how would you explain the Maxxum 7D for 995, and the A200 for 580?
One word: suppliers!

Old Jan 22, 2005, 12:51 AM   #7

BoneDaddy wrote:
Quote:
KM_krazy wrote:
Quote:
One word: suppliers!

I guess so. . .I just don't see how they could have it (the Maxxum 7D for example) for 500 LESS than any other store (that I know of) out there.
Old Jan 22, 2005, 1:17 AM   #8

Are you guys just off the turnip truck? :roll::G

They have really cheap cameras for sale until you refuse to buy the overpriced accessories, then it's suddenly out of stock.
Riot Act is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 2:16 AM   #9
Administrator

After you buy online you get an email asking you to call them to verify your order or credit card and then they start the up-selling... suddenly you find out that it doesn't come with a battery or charger or any cables. and the shipping is like $85 and it goes on and on... check em out at http://www.resellerratings.com first !

If anybody is more than 10-15% below everybody else it is a scam of some kind!
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 10:08 AM   #10

steve wrote:
Quote:
After you buy online you get an email asking you to call them to verify your order or credit card and then they start the up-selling... suddenly you find out that it doesn't come with a battery or charger or any cables. and the shipping is like $85 and it goes on and on... check em out at http://www.resellerratings.com first !

If anybody is more than 10-15% below everybody else it is a scam of some kind!
Good words of advice, Steve!

Let the buyer beware, if it looks too good to be true, it probably is. Be sure to buy from trusted sources, even if it costs a bit extra.

However, don't lump all low-price e-tailers into the same category. Not all online shops are out to get you, and some tremendous savings can be had if you use your head. Take the time to ask questions and get feedback from folks who've actually shopped there, before you put the cash down. That's why we have forums like this, to empower us to make better decisions. And it sure as heck beats fighting traffic, waiting in line, and paying bloated retail store prices for the privilege of having Junior bumble his way through a sales pitch for (of all things!) over-priced warranties and accessories. Imagine that?

Good luck!:lol: