Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jan 23, 2005, 8:02 PM   #1

Hello All:

For some reason mypc doesnt recognize my cam anymore. I do what i have allways done and for some reason it doesnt work. Before when I went to turn on the z3 after hooking up the usb cable the lens wouldnt come out , now it does. If you have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. If you could responde to my e-mail that would be great.

Thanks in advance Vince
vexedviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 24, 2005, 3:22 PM   #2

vexedviking wrote:
Quote:
Before when I went to turn on the z3 after hooking up the usb cable the lens wouldnt come out , now it does.
This would suggest to me a faulty connection between either the USB to Camera, or USB to computer, with the money on the Camera connection. The lens is probably activating because it doesn't think it is connected and everything is working as normal and not being commandeered by the data transfer action. Try inserting and removing the USB lead into the camera port a couple of times, firmly but NOT heavy handed, better still try another lead (this of course is if you know anyone else with a Z3.) Or try your lead in another Z3 to eliminate, or otherwise, the leadfrom the equation. Uploading many times like this haspossibly worn the contacts in the camera (not definitely, but possibly). Many prefer to use a card reader for a number of reasons, this being only one. If this is the case with your camera, then I can only suggest you do just that, buy a card reader.

Good luck,

Stevekin.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2005, 4:16 PM   #3

Try going into "my computer" and seeing if your camera/card is showing up as a removable disk. Then all you do is open that and access your pics by cutting and pasting.
Hope that helps,
Max
KM_krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2005, 5:50 PM   #4

Stevekin wrote:
Quote:
vexedviking wrote:
Quote:
Before when I went to turn on the z3 after hooking up the usb cable the lens wouldnt come out , now it does.
This would suggest to me a faulty connection between either the USB to Camera, or USB to computer, with the money on the Camera connection. The lens is probably activating because it doesn't think it is connected and everything is working as normal and not being commandeered by the data transfer action. Try inserting and removing the USB lead into the camera port a couple of times, firmly but NOT heavy handed, better still try another lead (this of course is if you know anyone else with a Z3.) Or try your lead in another Z3 to eliminate, or otherwise, the lead from the equation. Uploading many times like this has possibly worn the contacts in the camera (not definitely, but possibly). Many prefer to use a card reader for a number of reasons, this being only one. If this is the case with your camera, then I can only suggest you do just that, buy a card reader.

Good luck,

Stevekin.
Also, try another USB port (if you computer has another one, which it should).
KM_krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2005, 1:24 PM   #5

vexedviking wrote:
Quote:
Hello All:

For some reason myPC doesn't recognize my cam anymore. I do what i have always done and for some reason it doesn't work. Before when I went to turn on the z3 after hooking up the usb cable the lens wouldn't come out , now it does.
I don't know the Z3 but on my wife's Canon A80 you have to set the record/play switch to play. If you don't the camera turns on as normal & the lens pops out - just like yours.

Check to see if this is applicable to Z3 - sounds like it might be.
Catbells is offline   Reply With Quote