Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jan 31, 2005, 11:51 AM   #1

I have taken pics with the setting just on auto, then I have played with a few settings on "A" mode f5.4, ISO 64 and then f5.4 and ISO 100 but when I use the optical zoom everything is blurd I half press the shutter but it looks in focus till I put them up on my PC then they look awful I also have a tele lens but I think I need a bit of help PLEASE if anyone can advise me I would be so grateful, thanks

shutter speed 1/6

Ap F5.6

ISO 64
Attached Images

tanzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 31, 2005, 11:59 AM   #2

Hi tanzi

Forgive me speaking the obvious, but to hand hold an exposure at 1/6 sec relies on a very steady hand & you'll gonna get blurred shots.

Up theISO rating to 200, use 'P' mode and up the shutter speed. A good rule of thumb that always served me well is that the MINIMUM shutter speed should be the reciprocal of the focal length i.e. 50mm = 1/50& 200mm = 1/200 although some might say that even that's too low & double it.

I see the picture ofholly has changed to a bird table! There's definite movement of the camera as can be seen by the almost double exposureat one edge of the bird table.
Catbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2005, 12:05 PM   #3

I am very grateful for your advice please forgive me for being stupid but how do I change the shutter speed
Old Jan 31, 2005, 12:16 PM   #4

Rotating the control dial in 'P' mode shouldchange the shutter speed or down. Pressing the SHIFT button at the same time changes the aperture value.

At least that how it is on the A200.

Alternatively - pop up the flash and boost the low light that way.
Old Jan 31, 2005, 12:36 PM   #5

I have put it in P and tried all the wheels and dials and nothin it just changes the F5.6 I think I should sell this and get a easier model I think I am just no good with it. :sad:
Old Jan 31, 2005, 1:21 PM   #6

Patience & things will work out. If your new to photography especially digital then you've jumped in at the deep end with your choice of the A2.

Your shots looked as though they were taken under dull condition with poor lighting. Under normal lighting conditions withsunshine, you should get higher shutter speeds by default - this will avoid slow shutter speeds & camera shake.

Try using the camera when it's brighter to get familiar with it. 'A' (Auto) mode is the simplest mode. 'P' mode works just like Auto but allows you to change things which don't get changed when you switch modes. Auto will always revert back to factory default settings.

Keep at it.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 2:27 PM   #7

Applied Unsharp Mask & modified the histogram.

Whilst it wont eliminate camera shake, it does make an improvement which might help.
Attached Images

Old Feb 1, 2005, 9:20 PM   #8

Tanzi-

It looks like camera shake is a big part of your 'focus' problem.

If you are using the LCD to compose your hand held shots with the camera held out in front of you at arms length, you may be inducing too much shake for the AS to compensate for. This is not a very stable way to hold a camera.

A more stable shooting positon for hand held shots is to use the EVF. Hold the camera with both hands, brace your elbows against your body to form sort ot a tripod with the third point being the camera against your nose/cheek. Take a deep breath and slowly exhale--slowly press the shutter button just as you let out the last of your breath.
jawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2005, 2:29 PM   #9

Thank you for all your comments and help I am reading the manual and trying to learn as much as I can I will no doubt be asking for more help and advice in the future, thanks again.. 8)