Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jan 31, 2005, 10:27 PM   #1

had this camera for over a year and have taken some really excellent photos with it. Recently it has been shutting itself off because it thinks that new fresh charged NiMH are getting low on power.
It runs for about 10 minutes before displaying the low batt indicator and shutting down.
I have ruled out problem batteries by trying several sets, including a brand new set.
The other thing is that the supposed exhausted batteries only take a few minutes in the charger before it tells me they are done. (its a two hour charger) also the supposed dead batteries can be removed from the camera and used extensively in other appliances as if they were fresh topped up.

Its no problem if i can't fix it because I have already ordered a new camera, but it would be nice to keep the s414 around because it can still take beautiful images.

Thanks for any help you can give me!
kiwi133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 20, 2005, 2:57 PM   #2

anyone???
Old Feb 20, 2005, 4:51 PM   #3

I don't know this cam but is there a setting to choose between alkaline and NiMh? If so I'm pretty sure it's set to Alkaline.
redSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2005, 10:45 PM   #4

No setting like that
Old Feb 21, 2005, 11:28 PM   #5

I have used Alkalines, NMHs, Lithiums. . .no problem like that.
KM_krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2005, 2:36 PM   #6

Could it have something to do with the internal clock batteries? I noticed it only takes a few days of the camera sitting with no batteries in it to loose the clock time.

Also how long is the minolta warrenty on these? one year? if so thats slick because this all started after almost exactly one year of use.
Old Mar 7, 2005, 5:19 AM   #7

Hi Kiwi,
I'm having exactly the same problem with my S414 - I get about 20 shots on a set of 2300mAh NiMh. I also tried a fresh set of Alkalines with very similar results. :?: I'm very tempted to get rid of the camera, since it's virtually unusable this way, but I like the quality of the pictures!

If you do get any resolution to the problem, please let us know.

Regards
Jethro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2005, 11:04 PM   #8

I am having the same problem with mine. I regularly carry FIVE sets of batteries.

Seems like an issue with the camera.
rsmithgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2005, 2:47 PM   #9

That's three of you now. Warranty or not, it seems the right time to contact KM. Could be a recall situation if there are a lot of you with the same problem.

http://kmpi.konicaminolta.us/eprise/...ontent/contact

Regards,

Stevekin.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2005, 10:21 AM   #10

Stevekin,

I have already got an open call with KM supoport on this. So far all they have asked me is how long I have had the NiMh for (as long as the camera...). I'll keep you all posted if anything interesting comes out.

Ironically, checking the date I bought the camera, it's now 1 year and 4 days... Typical! (although I openned the support call before the 1 year was up - does that count???)
Jethro is offline   Reply With Quote