Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Feb 3, 2005, 2:09 PM   #1

TheA200 doesn't boost the plethora of scene modes and panoramic stitch assist of other cameras but this in not a limitation.

Personally, using these cameras, I found it difficult to overlay the next image in the sequence over the previous in order to get the required sequence.

I've been doing this for some time on my Fuji S602 & the process is much the same for the A200.

MOST IMPORTANT
Colour Mode MUST be set to NATURAL
I've set the AE lock to 'toggle', press it once after the first shot is composed and before the picture is taken. Take each shot in turn panning the camera from left to right, or visa versa, leaving a healthy 30% overlap using a prominent feature on the skyline as a reference. Once the final shot is taken press the AE lock to toggle back to normal.

Open the images in Panorama Factory and set the camera to Minolta A2 (A200 settings not currently available but it's the same lens) and start the sequence (reverse the images ifshots were panned right toleft). Check the result and adjust the degree of overlap as required. Use Photoshop to make a fine adjustmentswhich can use the original image to clone back to the panorama to correct for misalignments.

This is one of a number that I created today - check out my web site at http://www.iwcam.co.uk for others that I have created to illustrate my walks around the island.

Attached Images

Catbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 3, 2005, 2:16 PM   #2

I've noticed that better panoramas can be achieved by rotating the camera through 90deg and taking portrait type shots.

The example below is resized to 1000 from 9648 and sharpened using Unsharp Mask and the histogram adjusted to modify the dynamic range.
Attached Images

Catbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2005, 11:03 PM   #3

Smashing!

BoneDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote