Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Feb 6, 2005, 10:46 AM   #1

I bought a NEW A1 last week. After initially charging up the battery and installing, the camera worked fantastic!!!. I turn the camera on the following day and the battery icon was flashing, so I recharged the battery. Re inserted it into the camera and the battery icon is STILL flashing and nothing else will power up! I bought an AC adaptor to see if that would work. Same problem, low battery icon blinks. Is there anyway to reset ANYTHING to maybe overcome this problem?
And from reading other members comments about Minolta, I am guessing Minolta's response to my email will be "hmm... never heard of that problem before."
Thanks for the help in advance :-)
MadHatR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 7, 2005, 5:09 AM   #2

I don't know what could have caused your problem, did you upgrade the firmware prior to the fault occurring ? Whatever you did or didn't do, (it seems unlikely that this is user error) whatever may have caused it, it seems likely that the camera needs to go in for repair.

A number of users of the A1 and A2 have reported similar faults, have a look here, http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...ght=A2+Battery

As the camera is still 'new' I would try the retailer first. They ought to exchange for a new camera.

Good luck,

Stevekin.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2005, 8:35 PM   #3

I didn't get as far as updating the firmware before it locked up. I just finished packaging the camera to send back. It's not much fun sending away my new toy! Thanks for the response.

One more question. When/if I receive a new A1, should I do a firmware update right away? Or if it ain't broke, don't fix it?:whack:
MadHatR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2005, 4:04 AM   #4

MadHatR wrote:
Quote:
When/if I receive a new A1, should I do a firmware update right away? Or if it ain't broke, don't fix it?
To a certain extent I agree with the maxim, if it ain't broke...............

In the case of firmware it would be advisable to proceed, as since the camera wasfirst produced the manufacturer has identified an enhancement here, a correction there.

First, checkif your new camera already has the latest firmware. You can do this by going to your regions K.M. site. If it doesn't, follow the instructions carefully, and, assuming you get the thumbs up from the update, remember to remove the CF card once the procedure is complete and the camera is switched off. Then delete the update file from your card with your computer and format the card in camera.

Hope you have better luck with your new camera,

Stevekin.

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote