Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Mar 28, 2005, 6:37 AM   #11
stk

Hi Graywolf2004

Great program from what I've seen so far.

I use a Konica-Minolta A200. Thereseems to be a common problem with the video and sound sync (this thread and an earlier one) where sound lags video by around 200mS I think. I think it may be the same for the other Minolta A series too, but can't be sure.

For MP4Cam2AVI I use source audio (no compression), but the sync issue is definitely in the camera; its on the MOV files and you can actually see it on the EVF when recording.

So what would be really useful would be the ability to shift the audio track forward or back a user defined amount. Doesn't seem to change through the recording.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Steve
stk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2005, 7:14 AM   #12

Thanks!

I think I'll add this feature for photo-cams with this problem.

At this moment, you can use VirtualDub (best freeware avi editing app)to 'repair' videos, it has ability to shift audio track. Set Direct stream copy for video and audio, and in Audio -> Interleaving menu there is a value 'Delay audio track by...'
graywolf2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2005, 8:50 AM   #13
stk

Cool,

Just tried VirtualDub - worked great. I set the offset to -280mS, which was a value reported in a thread for the same problem in the Minolta Z series. Seems just about right

many thanks

Steve
Old Mar 30, 2005, 2:34 PM   #14

graywolf and steve

I've also tried Virtual Dub. I found a shift of 320msecs to be about right but it's so hard to tell just by looking at the monitor display when you come down to the last few msecs. Great!

After conversion .MOV to .AVI files and fixing the audio everything plays well, no clicks and good lip-sync. Thanks graywolf -we've good reason to be indebted to you.

Best wishes

Frank

Phranque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2005, 3:25 PM   #15

graywolf2004 wrote:
Quote:
stk:

glenneroo:

Sorry, my app doesn't convert mov's to DivX, this option is for MPEG4 input files only With photo- MOV files, target avi files contain MJPEG video, the same as the input, video quality is not reduced.

After conversion, you can use VirtualDub to compress them to DivX or XivD.
hehe i think you mis-understood me! your app DOES convert to 4cc codecs, e.g. DivX and XviD already! here's a screenshot of my list:

what i would like is to be able to compress to a lossless codec, even though .MOV that is produced from the cam is probably very lossy (how much??), i prefer to convert to something like Huffy or uncompressed .AVI for production (Premiere doesn't handle 4cc compressed files very well!) and then convert to whatever format i like.

i must agree however, that your program rocks, huge applause!! hopefully more Minolta users get their hands on your software... or maybe Minolta will just put a link to your page from their site coz their cam obviously can't produce usable MOVs, they should find a solution, firmware or at least inform customers where to get a software that works :?:
glenneroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2005, 4:41 AM   #16

This FourCC option is ignored when you convert MJPEG MOV files (as I understood, you convert MJPEG files). This option is for MPEG4 files only. In ther latest version it should be unavailable when you select MJPEG MOV file.

Actually, you don't need to convert target avi files to Huffy or anything else. They contain MJPEG video, the same as input(withoutrecompression), soyou don't loose qualityduring conversion.

Video editing apps should pick up these avi files fine. If they don't, you should install MJPEG codec (see link in program help).
Old Mar 31, 2005, 4:48 AM   #17

New version 1.7 (will come in a week) will have ability to shift audio track, it's already done
Old Apr 5, 2005, 4:24 AM   #18

I have the same problem, with an A200 I bought only yesterday. It seems that therecording is picking up the noise generated by databeing writtento the CFvia the mic, either externally or internally, as the noise evident on playback is identical to that coming from the card compartment - and extremely irritating it is too.

I've read this topic and followed the advice re trying lower resolutions, but having gone down to 320 / 15, it's still apparent, albeit at a lower level.

Could the type of CF make any diference ? I'm using a 1gb Dane-Elec which was packaged in with the camera deal - would a faster cardsort this out?

To say I'm underwhelmed by all this is an understatement -£480 spent and aproblem like this straight out of the box !

I've emailed KM support, and am also going to call the shop this morning for their input.

Will post updates as they come in.

thanks,

Ted

hugo furst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2005, 2:47 PM   #19
ufx

Same problem here: noisy sounds during recording and a sound lag around 200 ms. I mailed the dutch Konica Minolta support about this. I'll post here if I have received a reply.
ufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2005, 2:28 PM   #20
stk

Hi,

I have found I remove all significant noise (except when actually changing focus) by using manual Focus and switching off AS.
If in Auto Focus then the focus motor noise is picked up and if AS is operating then the same for the AS mechanism. Anyway - seems to work for me.

I am suprised that it could be the compact flash card as this is sold state and has no moving parts.

The dalay is a bit irritating (though apparently at 15fps it doesn't occur - I never use 15 fps so haven't checked). But using Graywolfs MP4Cam2AVI and then VirtualDub it can be elimiated quite easily if you don't mind convertering to AVI. Graywolf is updating his software to remove the delay as well so it can be done in one pass (see earlier post in this thread).

Hope this helps
Cheers
Steve