Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Feb 10, 2005, 5:10 PM   #1

I am looking at purchasing a faster/bigger card (I currently have several Simpletech 256MBs :?) and I was looking at either the Lexar 1GB 40x or 1GB 80x. I want something that is fast so I can shoot in burst mode with my DiMAGE 7Hi, and not have to wait around for 45 seconds or so, while the camera stores the shots:roll:. I heard somewhere that the DiMAGE 7Hi has a slow write speed, so I wouldn't see any difference between a 80x and a 40x. Is that true?:?:
Thanks,
Max
KM_krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 10, 2005, 5:24 PM   #2

thats right on that camera with the buffer it has and the transfer rate too there is no difference between the 2 so a 40x is more then enough. itswrite speed is under 1MB/s generally about 750K/s

i had one and liked it very much. sold because i thought i wouldn't need it. ended up buying a A1
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2005, 5:51 PM   #3

sjms wrote:
Quote:
thats right on that camera with the buffer it has and the transfer rate too there is no difference between the 2 so a 40x is more then enough. its write speed is under 1MB/s generally about 750K/s

i had one and liked it very much. sold because i thought i wouldn't need it. ended up buying a A1
Thanks.
I guess I will just get the 40x then. But, if the card write speed is only around 750K/s on the 7Hi, I will hardly see any speed increase over my 4x card:O.
Maybe its just time for a new camera:lol:
KM_krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2005, 4:23 AM   #4

I just bought an 80x card for my A2and was disappointed to find it only gave me 1 second faster write time than my 4x card. And 3 seconds faster than a 1x card.

Later,

Terry

See some of my A2 shots from the set of the forthcoming feature film "Psychopathia Sexualis" here: www.psychopathia.com

TerryThomas_Atlanta is offline   Reply With Quote