Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Feb 11, 2005, 9:52 PM   #1

Hi, I am new to the Z3. I have the 1.01u firmware update on my camera. I see there is a 1.02u update available. Should I update to the 1.02u. If so How do you do that? I have windows XP. Thank you for your help.

Dan

dekelsey61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 15, 2005, 4:19 AM   #2

I have an A2 and would like to know the same.

Why does K-M not provide this information in their manual and/or on the CD? (If it's there it's well hidden, I've looked!)

What about making this information easy to find on their web site?

Later,

Terry

See some of my work with the A2 here: www.psychopathia.com

K-M: your marketing folks can contact me re: using my work in your advertising.
TerryThomas_Atlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2005, 4:55 AM   #3

Yes Dan you should update the firmware.

Details of what it does, how to check your camera, how to install and the download link. Make sure you read it carefully and follow to the letter. It has been known for some to need to send their cameras in for repair, but usually because they didn't follow everything correctly.

EDIT ead links, see 2nd and 3rd posts down.

Regards,

Stevekin.

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2005, 5:05 AM   #4

Stevekin,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Minutes Pass...........

Well, I just came back from the A2 link. Yes the instructions are there but not the actual ZIP file to download. Granted, it says "get the download here" but I clicked all over the web page and couldn't kick off a download.

Suggestions?

Thank you,
Terry

Old Mar 20, 2005, 5:19 AM   #5

Stevekin, thanks for all the great links you leave around here, appreciate it. As Terry pointed out, this link was missing the actual files. I found files attached in the Japan website, but they were just links to Japanese oblivion. I did finally find the file. Terry, you can find it here.

http://download2.minoltaeurope.com/OpenMind/Technic/SWFW/mswdipho.nsf/logdwl?openagent&E415435BEBB59AB949256EA7001FC 804/$File/da2v112.exe]

I downloaded it and upgraded my A2 from 1.1 to 1.2; very simple. Hopefully it will solve the F7.1 problem, but I'll have to wait till daylight to find out.

If the link is invalid by the time you get there, I have the file. Dwight

PS. I have no idea why my url link keeps inserting "url=" and "/url". Just cut an paste.
GDwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2005, 10:25 AM   #6

Sorry guys, I seem to recall the link was active when I posted.

GDwight, thanks for your comments and posting another link. Just in case US users prefer to download from a US link here is another one that works from KM USA, for the A2.

http://kmpi.konicaminolta.us/eprise/...etail=Software

For Z3.

http://kmpi.konicaminolta.us/eprise/...etail=Software

Regards,

Stevekin.

Old Mar 20, 2005, 11:21 AM   #7

Stevekin was right. The A2 URL he gave was correct.

BUT when you run the software it (evidently) is designed for Japanese folks because the "OK" dialog box is in a foreign language even though it is supposed to be for English readers. I assumed one of the buttons was "OK" and clicked on it.

When I followed the instructions and prepared a CF chip the upgrade worked properly.

Thanks for all the help.

It amuses me that a huge multinational corporation such as Konica-Minolta manages to put up a web page with missing links and software not designed for the language of the user. Now that I'm writing this it comes to mind that on my CD-ROM disk that came with the A2 one of the bundled software applications was in Japanese. :?

Later,
Terry Thomas
Atlanta, Georgia USA

Old Mar 26, 2005, 1:05 PM   #8

Sir,

With respect i am facing a problem which i need to solve immediatelly because i bought my A2 for theiranian new year celebration and now my A2 doesnt work and i am halfway throught the celebrations and i havent recieved any reply from KM folks.

I upgraded firmware ver 1.11 to ver 1.12 and i followed the instructions completely.

Now my camera acts abnormally, first of all when i turn on the cam its looks normal but when i take a pic it freezes, and i lose my evf and LCD screen. The camera doesnt shutdown and i have to remove the battery.

Next when i press the menu Button, the lcd freezes on the subject and again i have to remove the battery.

I am living in a country where costumer complaints is meaningless, neverthless i can not return the camera.

Could you help me?.....i would appreciate it if u would post ur answer to [email protected]

Tnx

ssghafori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2005, 1:37 PM   #9

Very sorry that you have a problem. It is something I have not heard of at all, as far as I am aware no other owners have reported this fault and I really don't know what it could be. Previously, A2 owners that havereported afault after updating the firmware, indicated that the battery was discharged, when in fact it wasn't.These cameras had to be returned for repair and I am afraid it sounds like you may have to do that as well.

Sorry about the bad timing for your celebrations.

Good luck.

Stevekin.
Old Mar 29, 2005, 12:32 AM   #10

Stevekin,

Can'tssghafori send his A2 back to Konica-Minolta in Japan if he can't get the problem fixed in Iran? Is the factory address in Japan in the manual? Hint: get a customs declaration before the camera leaves so when it comes back customs duties won't have to be paid again. Sometimes a store receipt will suffice but I would not rely on it - register the camera with your local customs officials.

What about going back to version 1.11? If that worked properly in the past can he try to re-flash back to that? If so, is 1.11 code on the Internet?

Shortly after I upgraded to 1.12 my external strobe (PC)port stopped working. I'm assured by Alien Bees that their sync voltage is within digital camera parameters. Hmmmm.....

Later,
Terry