Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Feb 15, 2005, 3:00 PM   #1

I have had this camera for several months and have gotten very few great pictures. I even bought an external flash because the built in seemed weak but this hasn't really made much difference. I'm not sure if there is a setting I can change which may help. I didn't have this problem with my Olympus. Any ideas??
jennh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 15, 2005, 6:06 PM   #2

Increase theflash compensation and/or exposure compensation. What mode do you shoot in?
Riot Act is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2005, 3:33 PM   #3

I tried both of these and they seemed to help a little although they did not solve the problem. My other problem is that most of my pictures are blurry-especially when I zoom in close. The zoom is the main reason I bouth this camera and I am finding it just about useless (indoors and out)! I shoot in either P or Auto. Generally I am trying to catch moments with the kids and I don't have time to adjust settings. I have tried bracketing, sometimes I get lucky but most of the time all 3 pictures are bad. I'm getting frustrated because this is supposed to be a very good camera but I am having such a hard time getting good shots!
jennh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2005, 9:59 PM   #4

I too was disappointed with my Z3. I sold mine and bought a Panasonic FZ15 and it is far superior!
Goofas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2005, 11:09 PM   #5

Same here... Z3 indoor shots r dark & noisy, outdoor's not very good either... auto white balance is rather erratic, electronics also unstable - lockups happens even with latest firmware... The Z1 did MUCH better...

Now waiting for e upcoming sony DSC-H1...
corollax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2005, 5:24 AM   #6

What type of metering are you using? Maybe you could use spot metering and point it at something darker than the main subject in the pre-focus mode.

You might have to use a tripod or monopod when using the zoom, especially indoors.
Riot Act is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2005, 12:47 PM   #7

Probably the reason your pictures are blurry is because the camera can't auto focus when it is dark and you are zoomed right in. try zooming out a little bit. I've also noticed that the flash doesn't have a very long range. at iso 50 it's about 4 feet, and everything beyond that will be dark. the dimage viewer software that came with your camera has an auto setting to correct the tone curve. try it to brighten up some of your darker flash pictures.
DigiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2005, 8:10 PM   #8

Jennh: I have a Z3 that I purchased in November. I have been practicing with it and found that my indoor pictures that I zoomed in on were dark. I purchased a Minolta Maxxum 2500D program flash and that has helped a lot. I'm a beginning photographer, so I'm learning a lot by reading every book I can get my hands on at the library. I know when I use the image editor that I always brighten up my pictures using the tone curve because when I sent my pictures through Ofoto, they did come back a little darker than what my screen projected. Otherwise, I am very pleased with my pictures since I can get within a 1/2 inch of my subjects. I like to photograph insects and nature. Linda
Linda Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote