Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Feb 19, 2005, 7:36 PM   #11

The ACT-100 is heavy. But I can slip it into the breast pocket of my winter coat and the camera in the pocket on the other side. It isn't that hard to carry around. Attached is a photo of it attached to the A200, along with a ACW-100 and the raynox 1850pro (used on a Fujifilm 602z). I got the ACT-100 from abesofmaine for $99 a couple weeks ago, but they no longer list it. I've felt the ACT-100 is a nice piece of glass (previously mentioned experiments at

http://ww2.lafayette.edu/~reiterc/te...0_z/index.html

Best, Cliff
Attached Images

reiterc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2005, 7:38 PM   #12

The previously mentioned link has much better photos, but I can't resist sharing a first attempt at a moon photo using the act-100
Attached Images

reiterc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2005, 9:28 PM   #13

Installed the ACT-100 teleconverter on my fiancee's A2 over the weekend. Interesting in that you have to download the software that comes with it then upload that to the CF card before the converter will work...same deal for the wide angle converter. After uploading the "Lens Acc" menu give you the choice of selecting the tele or wide angle converter.

Did the aftermarket converter come with software?

TG
Trout Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2005, 7:09 AM   #14

That would have been the firmware update 112u, which included a few other updates.I think that teleconverters will still work without it, but as you found, it gives you an extra menu option to choose between wide and tele. Not sure of the details but I think this lets the camera know you are using an add on lens and subsequently gives the correct info regarding focal length etc.

Stevekin.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2005, 8:12 PM   #15

Yes, that was the firmware update and no, the camera would not focus with the teleconverter attached until we installed the update....just a heads up!!

TG
Old Feb 24, 2005, 4:19 AM   #16

Thanks for correcting me Trout Guy. I do remember now that I had already installed the firmware update before I got my TCON.

Regards,

Stevekin.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2005, 7:49 AM   #17

My fiancee got some deer shots yesterday with the ACT-100. When she sends some to me I'll post them.

TG
Old Mar 22, 2005, 10:46 AM   #18

still waiting for thr pictures......
flydoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2005, 6:39 AM   #19

What does the Tele option in the A200 menu change? How does it work? Will this be corret for the x1.7 TCON17? What settings are required when using the TCON17? Will manual focus work using the usual distance indication?
bacs57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2005, 11:52 AM   #20

Flydoc, my fiancee said she shot the deer pics from her car and with the motor running...the shots were lousy so no sense posting them here.

TG