Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Apr 1, 2005, 11:22 PM   #31

Ha! Don't worry - it's just nice to be able to share experiences and learn from each other. Just to think - it's not all that many years ago that finding out things like this would have taken 12-months searching through magazines and a half dozen visits to a library.

I appreciate that there will be some vignetting, but if I get a bigger picture in the middle I guess I'll be happy enough.

Thanks again,

Frank
Phranque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2005, 8:09 PM   #32

Guys, I had a Raynox DCR-2020Pro that I used on my Oly prior to my A2 purchase. I cannot get the AF to work as nice as it does without the TC but it still takes a pretty decent shot. My only complaint, and this is partially my fault, is that there is pretty severe vignetting when compared to the TC's performance on my Oly. This is in part due to the fact that I don't have the correct step up ring so I have 2 rings on it:lol:But hey, anything to make it work till I get the right ring. Here's my first moon pic taken with the 2020pro attached.

Tad Abraham

tabraha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2005, 3:00 AM   #33

bacs57:

I posed the same question on the DPR forum and prompted an interesting debate, it's at:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=13080257

Stevekin, if you're around.... I got my TCON-17 as recommended and it seems really good. The only complaint I have is that the very nice leather pouch it comes in is just a little too small for comfort, so the lens is probably going to end up wrapped in a Tesco's bag or something.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 5:49 AM   #34

Glad you like it Phranque . (Phew !)

I know what you mean about the pouch, but I still keep mine in it, I just have to put the smaller lens cover on after it is inserted in the pouch. Fits just nicely in my Lowepro D-Res AW50 with everything else.

Regards,

Stevekin.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2005, 6:06 AM   #35

If, like myself, you are a polariser freak.............

..... the Hoya 77mm polarising filter push-fits beautifully on the end of the Olympus TCON-17 telephoto adapter. It doesn't screw on the end, but in every other respect it fits as if it was made for the TCON.
Old May 17, 2005, 8:57 AM   #36

Justordered an ACT-100 for my A200. Does anyone what filter diameter fiits this lens? Can't find any information anywhere..........
mannypr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2005, 2:08 PM   #37

The ACT has a front thread of 86MM
105sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2005, 5:26 PM   #38

I have A200 and wanted to purchase ACT100 some time ago... but it seemed too bulky and heavy... and it would give me "just" 300mm.

Some other cameras would give me 350mm (Nikon 8800) or even 430mm (Panasonic LZ20) without any TC lenses.

Has anyone of you compared the quality of pictures of those other cameras and A200 with ATC100?

I calculated that even if you crop from 8Mpixels(A200) to 5Mpixels you would still just get eqivalent of 340mm on Panasonic if I remember well. Isn't it a better idea to buy a second camera rather than experiment with TC lenses with all their issues?

And one more question. Are there any 4x TC lenses which could be used with A200?

:?:
maros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2005, 11:53 AM   #39

105sunset wrote:
Quote:
The ACT has a front thread of 86MM
Thanks!
mannypr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2005, 12:18 PM   #40

maros wrote:
Quote:
And one more question. Are there any 4x TC lenses which could be used with A200?

:?
I don't think you will find a 4x teleconverter, certainly not for the A200.

Have a look at the options from Raynox. Along with the Olympus converters they are quite popular off brand lenses.

http://www.raynox.co.jp/english/digital/egdimage7hi.htm
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote