Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Feb 19, 2005, 3:31 AM   #11

redSP:

After checking Flexible Renamer out I think this is going to be the answer after all, even though it doesn't download. It's a very comprehensive renaming facility - I can banish the PICT prefixes for ever AND change other aspects of the file numbering. GREAT.

Thanks folks, glad I came on here. Now to hunt for an Extreme III card at the best UK price.............................

Phranque
Phranque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2005, 8:22 PM   #12

I use Directory Opus 8.x which as well as being a vastly superior file management replacement for Windows Explorer {or Norton Commander or whatever ; }... reads EXIF< has a great viewer utility and basically supplies me with the best interface to use my computer and programs. Oh - the thumbnailing and file renaming facilites are killer - I batch all my directories and files by dates, numbers, and place descriptions, etc, according to my needs at the time.

Did I mention that this program is infinitely configurable and almost makes me like Windows XP Pro? ; }
greenboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2005, 2:32 AM   #13

Phranque, pick it up here:

http://my.vector.co.jp/servlet/Syste...lexRena730.zip
redSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2005, 3:13 AM   #14

Greenboy: I can't find a download for that program - in fact all I can find is a couple of mentions on warez and cracker sites!

redSP - yes - I have it installed and working. It would be great if Minolta had incorporated something like this in the A200, but on balance I'd rather they did what they did and economise on frills whilst giving us good value for money as far as picture taking is concerned, so I'm happy now, thanks red.

I got Flex working Ok without the instructions, it's a good job because if I'd read the instructions first I would have given up. It's weird English but then my Japanese is a lot worse!

What shots do you take, red? I'm currently on agricultural/horticultural/countryside material, just as a hobby. I get a few pictures in magazines this way.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 11:58 PM   #15

Here you go Phranque,

http://www.gpsoft.com.au/

I'm surprised you only found what sounds like probably remnants of some Amiga pirate activity. There's a fair amount of people writing scripts and modules for Directory Opus, and pretty frequent updates from GPSoftware. Maybe it's the Oz distance and the hometown advantage going to the bigger clumsier companies.

To be honest, I used it in a near-default state at first, just changing little things here and there as needed. Soon it was definitely MY baseball glove {or whatever analogy suits ya ; }

I'm digging having all these thumbnails just the size that works for me, hotbuttons to all my various image directories, easy renaming and cloning, etc. I'd die if I had to go back to an MS interface. Hope you enjoy it too : }
greenboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2005, 2:27 AM   #16

OK Greenboy, I see what it's all about now. It's alwaysgood to see something different but I'll probably go alog with my present setup. All I really wanted was to get rid of the silly Monolta numbering system and I seem to have donethat with a bit of help on here.

Thanks greenboy.

It'ssnowing here!