Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Feb 21, 2005, 9:23 AM   #1

I got DiMAGE X20, 8 months ago. It was working fine , suddenly it stopped working

When I start the camara, the power indicator is on, but nothing displayed on the screeen. I can change all the settings, all the option but there is no image on the screen. I also tried to reset all the options to factory default settings but no luck. I also tried to capture snaps but even snaps are blank

Is it a problem with lense ? Any help is greatly appriciated

thanx in advance

Perl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 23, 2005, 10:12 PM   #2

Hi Perl,

I've got an X20, too, but have not had such a problem. Is the lens cover moving away when you turn it on?
FloJoMoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2005, 11:44 PM   #3

Hi

Thanx for reply, yes the lense cover does move , but i dont see any picture on LCD screen
Old Jul 26, 2005, 3:02 PM   #4

mine justt did the same thing, and I know of another one that did the same thing last week. must be a common problem?
I can have mine diagnosed for $15 and a wild guess for repairs is $75 or more. A new one with S&H is $129.00

I guess I'll buy another and have this one repaired.
Anyone have any ideas what the failure is in these camers??

thanks

Perl wrote:
Quote:
I got DiMAGE X20, 8 months ago. It was working fine , suddenly it stopped working

When I start the camara, the power indicator is on, but nothing displayed on the screeen. I can change all the settings, all the option but there is no image on the screen. I also tried to reset all the options to factory default settings but no luck. I also tried to capture snaps but even snaps are blank

Is it a problem with lense ? Any help is greatly appriciated

thanx in advance
MRBPSDnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2005, 10:32 AM   #5

Well I bought another new DiMAGE X20 out of New York, got it Saturday. Opened the carton, inserted the SD card and batteries --- LCD screen was all blurry red/purple/blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Called Minolta in Mahwah, NJ and sent both in for warranty repair!!! Both should be fixed under warranty, we will see!!! :x
MRBPSDnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2005, 12:14 PM   #6

This is the CCD problem ! I just search around the web. Many people in Taiwan have the exactly same problem ! If your camera is still in Warranty period, then don't worry, Minolta will help you to fix it. BUt people in Taiwan said their X20 have problem after the warranty is expired ! So be careful !

What a shame for Minolta !

gapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2005, 7:17 AM   #7

Dear Perl,
I search the net for my minolta problem and see your problem as me for the Dimage X20, me and7 of my friends bought 8 cameras of this type 1 year ago.. and now 2 out of 8 still working; while the other 6 unfortunately had a same of your problem the the picture not appear at the LCD, but the setting and the previously taken pictures appear clearly..
I hope i can get your E-mail to discuss the problem.. I tried to search for an E-mail to mail the Minolta Co. but the contact service not working these days.. may be they escapes from this shameful error..
Indeed I open the camera parts, and I reach that the lens parts and LCD all are working normal, the problem is in the Photoreceptor IC that process the incomig pictures..
I hope I can fix it..

Thanks
abo-hajer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2005, 1:59 PM   #8

Thanx for replying, my camera is still in repairing !!!! :-( ,

Iemailed to Minotla service center but no replies !!!

abo - i have sent you my mail id in message , pl. see that and

mail me

thanx

perl

Old Sep 25, 2005, 9:13 AM   #9
cy_

hi there! I have a minolta dimage x20 and it was working ok, thenI turned it on the other day and the screen showsall fuzzy... can someone help me?:?

thanx in advance!!!!
cy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2005, 6:44 AM   #10
Baz

After reading this thread, I am alarmed. I've had the X20 for 2 years, with no problems like these. Use it as a carry everywhere camera in addition to my larger Fuji..The features of the camera & quality of the 2mp images are excellent. Printed many fine 8x10's.

But, a problem happened recently with the power on/off button. When pressing off one day, the button retracted into the body. It can still be operated with a probe to the button with difficulty.

However, I have since discovered, pressing the playback button on the rear of the camera, brings up the playback lcd screen, & pressing it again puts the camera in the record mode for taking pictures. And so the camera is still useable.

Switching off is done by a probe into the power button, or just waiting for the auto turn off.

It's a shame that many here have problems, as it is certainly an excellent very compact camera.
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote