Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Feb 26, 2005, 7:42 AM   #1
stk

Hi,
Had an A200 for about a month - very user freindly and generally very good photos.
Had to return it (KM support suggestion) due to poor focus hunting especially in video but the new one seems to have a very pronounced purple streaking that I didn't notice before.
Saw an A2 comment that this should go away when shutter half pressed, but on my A200 this has no effect.
It is VERY pronounced in the EVF but doesn't appear on the image in single shot.
It is on the image though in video (as A2) and 10fps 640x480 High speed shooting (though less pronounced than in the EVF).
Is it possible for an A200 owner to test this and see if mine has a problem?
I have attached a 640x480 shot at 10fps as an example. The purple streak is much more pronounced with brighter/sharper lighting (sports hall for example but this simple home shot was for test purposes).

Cheers
Steve
Attached Images

stk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 27, 2005, 8:46 AM   #2

My experiments give the same result as you describe.Single shot OK. Purple beam as your picture shows in movie and multiframe mode. By the way, it was hard to explain to my wife why I was taking a movie of a bare light bulb. Also, what reason is there to use the 10 frames/sec mode vs 15 fps movie mode at 800 x 600?

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Best, Cliff
reiterc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2005, 11:47 AM   #3
stk

Thanks Cliff, that sets my mind at ease.

Good question about the video mode. Where I actually saw the problem was shooting some material for my daughters 'A' level school project. I had to capture and breakdown diving and swimming strokes. Normal high speed modes (2fps) isn't fast enough.
Because of the light level I had to do much of it at 800ASA to get a reasonably fast shutter speed.
Would have been useful though to have tried 800 movie mode. Good suggestion.

The streaking isn't too much of a problem though - hopefully won't have too much need for the 10fps mode but it certainly gives some flexibility. Shots are perfectly usable anyway.

Thanks for the confirmation test
Cheers
Steve
stk is offline   Reply With Quote