Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Nov 28, 2002, 10:22 AM   #1

Default DiMage 7i not horizontally aligned

I have a 7i and as a rookie photographer I'm very satisfied with it. I'v had the camera for about four months, but lately I've discovered that alot of my shots seems to be slightly tilted horizontally. First I thougth it was me who had been sloppy when setting up the shots or holding the camera wrong. I recently mounted the camera on my tripod which was perfectly aligned. I then turned on the grid view of my camera which was set up to take a picture of a wooden bord I had set up for the test. The bord was off course aligned as well.

The grid clearly displayed a differense in alignment. The differense seems to require an adjustment of about 2 degrees. (Simple Photshop testing)

I should also mention that the camera has not been dropped on floor or been the victim of any other kinds of camera-violence.

If anyone has experienced a similar situation, or have ideas to wether this requires a firmware upgrade or manual adjustment I'd appreciate your feedback greatly.
Tore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 10, 2002, 11:10 AM   #2

Default Alignment squawnked

Torre - Yup, I routinely have to 'untilt my photos via Photoshop Elements.
(Nice, you can tweak in miniscule parts of a degree. My previous editor only allowed 1 degree increments. (It is a pain & an extra editing step, though.)
cald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2002, 12:46 PM   #3

I would not count of the camera base being perfectly aligned with the horizontal axis of the CCD. It problably should be, but... Therefore I would not count of using a level tripod as a guarantee. However the alignment you see in the evf or lcd comes from the CCD, I don't undersand how it can be different in your recorded images. You say a lot of your shots, so I take it some are OK. I suspect you tilt your camera at times, with out meaning to, when you depriess the shutter button all the way. I do that also. I bet a lot of us do.
charlibob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2002, 2:32 PM   #4
NHL

Quote:
the alignment you see in the evf or lcd comes from the CCD, I don't undersand how it can be different in your recorded images
Right on CharliBob... must be the tripod! May be tilted the EVF up 90 degree... just to make sure. :lol: :lol: :lol:
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2002, 2:39 PM   #5

Default Alignment

ALL of my shots are off the same amount - disragarding the tripod, going by the grid in the D7i. Not a big problem, just an annoyance
cald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2003, 7:33 AM   #6

I bought my 7Hi in Nov and didn't have much chance of using it, however after downloading pictures from my holiday in Greece, I found that all the pictures had a 1.5 degree tilt. On reviewing all of my pictures I found that they were all affected.
I contacted the shop where I purchased it and eventually Minolta UK provided me with a replacement.
Duncan Paton is offline   Reply With Quote