Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Nov 28, 2002, 9:43 PM   #1

Default Re: DiMAGE Image viewer Utility - Please help me

I own a Minolta S304 DC but I lost the software CD recently when I tried to reinstall the DiMAGE Image Viewer Utility onto my new computer. Without the software, I have been unable to batch convert the pictures into SRGB format so as to get vivid colour.

Anyone here can help me for the way of acquiring a copy of the software OR is there any alternatives for the conversion (e.g. other softwares) please?

:?

Regards

Wing
wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 29, 2002, 12:08 AM   #2

May be the best is to call Minolta to make sure you get the right version. I guess they will ask you to pay shipping fee , may be even not.
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2002, 6:21 AM   #3
NHL

There's some freeware program like IrfanView that allow you to do batch conversion, but the color choice is quite limited otherwise it's extermely fast over Divu.

http://www.irfanview.com/

Do you have Photoshop? You can automate or batch process a whole directory in any whichway you like and you wouldn't miss your Divu at all!

Probably many other photo editors can do this too... Raw is probably the only application where you'll still require Divu, but there's plug-in for them, and soon even from Adobe themself!
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2002, 8:42 AM   #4

Thanks NHL!

Do you mean that the 'Irfan' and the photoshop batch conversion do the same thing as the DiMAGE Viewer Utility (DIVU)? I mean are they equally able to recognize the Minolta raw pictures as the pictures have their own colour space? :?:

In some other earlier thread, a member -jb said there is available a Photoshop plugin file 'mrw.8bi'. Does he mean the same thing as you said? :?:
Old Nov 29, 2002, 9:36 AM   #5
NHL

Irfan view batch process very well, but is pretty limited in color correction... and would not know what a raw file is.

With Photoshop you can batch process every jpegs pictures much better than Divu (ie you pick the color/saturation/brightness/shapness settings). I haven't batch process raw(or tiff) since it's usually something you don't shoot a lot of!

The 'mrw.8bi' does let you import raw in Photoshop, and you can then create an action file to 'color correct' it just like anything else...
Old Nov 29, 2002, 10:20 AM   #6

Thanks again!

I have been unable to download the mrw.8bi by following the path suggested by -jb. Could you be able to advise, please?
Old Nov 29, 2002, 11:30 AM   #7
NHL

Try to right click on the mouse and do 'save target as'. ie don't click on the link!

... It looks like it has been moved! Can you fill in your E-mail profile?
Old Nov 29, 2002, 9:03 PM   #8

Appreciated for you quick advice again!

My profile has been updated. Looking forward to your help again.

Thanks!
Old Nov 29, 2002, 9:13 PM   #9

KCan

Thanks for your advice!

I shall try to contact the local Minolta dealer for a copy but I expect they will charge me considerably. Hence, if I can solve the problem by other software, I may be able to save it .
Old Nov 30, 2002, 11:22 AM   #10

NHL

Thanks very much for your help!