Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Mar 10, 2005, 7:59 AM   #1

My fiancee's A2 wants to default to JPEG when the camera is turned off then turned back on again. Previously it was set to RAW+JPEG. Sometimes also, she says, it will just default to JPEG while she is using the camera and has not turned it off. Her girlfriend's A1 does the same thing. What is the fix for that?

I've sent out a couple PMs behind the scenes to those I know who use the A2 but also wanted to put it out to the forum.

Thanks in advance,

TG
Trout Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 10, 2005, 9:44 PM   #2

I've had my A1 for almost a year and a half and have not experienced this problem. I shoot RAW (mostly) or JPEG fine.

What shooting mode is she using?

Auto (green) mode will allow you to select deviations from the default settings, but these changes are not remembered when you switch off. This behavior may also apply to the capture quality selection (this would seem odd to me if true). --worth a check, I suppose.
jawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2005, 3:13 PM   #3

Quote:
Auto (green) mode will allow you to select deviations from the default settings, but these changes are not remembered when you switch off.
Didn't think of this.

I have been shooting raw for the sake of it to see if mine was doing the same, but I don't think I've had my A2 set to Auto since I took it out of the box.

Sure enough,when set to Auto one can deviate from the defaults but as soon as the switch comes back to Auto it resets those defaults.

Strangely, (or maybe not), when I'm in Auto and then set it to Raw, use it, switch off, then switch back on again it is still set to raw. As long as the Auto switch has not moved.

Stevekin.

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2005, 1:54 AM   #4

Page 52 of the A2 manual says that Auto mode is reset if you turn the dial off the auto mode and back, not if you just turn the camera off and on. Image quality is reset to fine [jpeg].

The fix is shoot in P mode.
GDwight is offline   Reply With Quote