Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Mar 12, 2005, 7:20 AM   #1

www.digitalpick.com seem to be providing an excellent service for those who can upload/download large image files. There are some really lovely shots up there. Registration is simple and up to now I've not noticed any drawbacks at all. They ask for top-quality images ONLY, preferably at their native resolution up to ten megabytes. They are displayed in three clickable sizes: small thumbnails; medium size; and 'stand well back -this thing's coming out of the screen!' - size!

I've just popped one up there and it resides at:

http://digitalpick.com/cmgallery/dis...e.php?pos=-313

But you really do need broadband........................

Phranque is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 12, 2005, 12:01 PM   #2

Nice site and photo. I added a few more miscshots illustrating wide/tele/sunny/low light sport.

Best, Cliff
reiterc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2005, 2:59 PM   #3

Great, Cliff ! I like your church shot - the A200 should put up a good showing on this site.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 7:19 AM   #4

Great! Just popped in some Z3 pics
freubelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2005, 11:53 AM   #5

I like those newest z3 and a200 et al shots. Thanks. Advice on shooting the sun over snowy mountains as per aardvard's z3 illustration?

I added twolight heartedA200 shots of eye reflections. Captions should be interchanged. Ok, I got confusedduring the uploading

http://www.digitalpick.com/cmgallery...s.php?album=94

Best, Cliff
reiterc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2005, 10:28 AM   #6

Shooting into the sun with snow on the ground:

manual mode -> min aperture (F8.0) -> shuttertime of 1/500 or 1/1000 -> AF -> WB auto or sunlight or manually set to white snow -> click!. Now look at your LCD and adjust if necessary, the subject wont move before the next picture haha... ;-)

Can't be that hard.. Long live the direct feedback of a digital camera's LCD (EVF). I love it!

BTW, the guy is upgrading his picture site. Wonder if it will be online again... My pics can still be accessed through http://www.digitalpick.com/cmgallery....php?album=179
Old Mar 18, 2005, 6:25 AM   #7

Hey the site is back! lets chuck in some more KM shots!
Old Mar 23, 2005, 1:02 PM   #8
stk

Phranque,

I was impressed with your photo of Chester Cathedral. I will be up there soon. Did you have any problems with staff whentaking the photos?

Steve
stk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2005, 5:22 PM   #9

Hello stk,

The Chester cathedral staff were just so very friendly and welcoming. For me at least they seemed to bend over backwards to accomodate me and let me take whatever photos I wanted to. I was free to wander around. I told them I would not be using flash or a tripod, but they didn't seem as though they would betoo bothered if I had been. St Asaph staff were equally welcoming.

I used my bean-bag as a camera support for most of the time but the big stone pillars are quite handy too.

For the record the Liverpool museums are pretty good this way also. I've not been yet but I have enquired. The Tate at Liverpool - home of everything artistic, you would think - bans photographic artists as such!

Frank