Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Mar 25, 2005, 9:03 PM   #11

Phranque (Frankie?)

The auto lights are very well done... I have to try that some time.

Cheers.
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2005, 9:06 PM   #12

The moon is a very bright object relatively and thus requires an exposure time that surprises many folks. It is not unusual to use shutter speeds less than 1/500 second and even f-stops in the 8.0 range.

Someone once posted some suggested timings and f-stops on these boards. For the life of me I can't remember where or when.

Cheers
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2005, 1:09 AM   #13

Thanks for your comments, Selvin. I enjoyed taking the shot.

Michael - I wonder where that night scene was taken ? At first I thought it was Moscow but it's not. I tried taking the moon last night but made a mess of it! Deleting all shots on a card, sophiefatcat,: I don't know if this is what you want but it's easy enough if you go to the 'Playback' position, press 'Menu' and select the 'Delete' option first and then the delete method you want (All on card).

Sophiefatcat - it may (or may not) help if you click on this link:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...ight=a200+menu

which will hopefully take you to a chart which I made when I first got my A200, showing how all the path to all the menu items.
Phranque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2005, 1:37 AM   #14

Thanks for the help, all. That chart is particularly nice...I just need to have it print a bit larger for my older eyes!

I will try the reformatting method suggested. Like I said, I've only had it a week and really haven't had time to play with much!

Barb
sophiafatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2005, 4:26 AM   #15

Welcome to the club, Barb! I'm, errr..... errr... getting on a bit, too! Just hit 75!
Old Mar 26, 2005, 7:05 AM   #16

Can I play with you? Hehe!

I also like very much the campfire, very original, never thought about it: take a photo of a fire.

About the moon I have made several tries with my Z2 and its 10x zoom. The autofocus system works OK, although sometimes I use manual focus to fix it on infinity, and the results are the same. The exposure time in this photo was 1/125 s. but with a "full moon" I have reached until 1/800 s. with f/ 3.7.

I agree with stk that shake is very important, first of all I thought about out-of-focus but then I realised that was sake movement. Even using that speed of 1/800 or 1/640 sometimes I got blurried images, it seems that pointing at something quite far as the moon increases the effects of shaking up to make it very very noticeable. So now I use a tripod and self-timer.

This image was taken in RAW (russian firmware for the Z2), and then slightly post-processed: white balance (4500 C), a little touch on levels in order to get a contrasty image, and a gentle sharpening.

About deleting images I agree with selvin. When I have a lot of images in the card in my Z2 and want to delete it, reformatting the card is a lot faster than deleting all images, using options in the camera. Another way I use sometimes is when the camera is still connected to PC after downloading the images, selecting all files in the folder of the camera and deleting them: is quite faster than deleting images from the camera menu.

See you.
Attached Images

Mato34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2005, 7:22 AM   #17

Sorry I was beeing plaqued by a Pop-up 'Please Log into Steve's Digicams' when I posted that shot last night asking me for my log-in details (is that even normal?) I tryed coseing it and it would pop right back up a second latter. although I was already loged in at the time. So that distracted me a bit sorry.

The Picture in question was not taken in Moscow, but rather in Frankfurt on the Main Germany. Durring the Christmas festival that is held every year in the Town Square. just over there on the other side of the River...
Michael R. Habel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2005, 10:44 AM   #18

Michael R. Habel wrote:
Quote:
Sorry I was beeing plaqued by a Pop-up 'Please Log into Steve's Digicams'
Thisappears to have 'attacked' a few members, but seems to be fairly inocuous. http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=51913&forum_id=2

Nice pics you all.

Stevekin.

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2005, 11:30 AM   #19
stk

sophiafatcat wrote:
Quote:
Nice moon, Steve!

Fortunately deleting is easy...though I haven't found a way to delete the whole card like I have been able to do on a previous camera (Nikon 995)...??

Thanks!

Barb
Hi Barb,

On the A200, you can delete "All on Card" through thedelete menu option when in Play mode. Other options are "This Frame" or "MarkedFrames"

Works fine for me.

Cheers

Steve
stk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2005, 1:24 PM   #20

Hi Michael - Frankfurt looks to be a very photogenic place. There's nothing like that round here, I am way out in the countryside. I'll maybe pop over to Liverpool some time to see what I can grab.

Mato - and other 'moonies': I'll be joining you with a moon shot just as soon as these clouds go away. As far as 'shake' is concerned I agree with everyone that a tripod is a must. I will have to tote my huge Manfrotto out into the garden. Equally important must be the weather conditions - if the weather is wrong there could be all sorts of stuff - like ice crystals - up there causing shimmering effects that would seem to bother the focussing, I would imagine.