Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Mar 24, 2005, 4:02 PM   #1

This one is from a bridge over the A55, North Wales. Holiday traffic - Good Friday 2005.
Attached Images

Phranque is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 24, 2005, 6:02 PM   #2
stk

Very Nice

Good exposure on the traffic and nice sky texture

What were the exposure settings?

Steve
stk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2005, 9:53 PM   #3

Hello Steve,

This was on the A200 - F4.5 at 30 seconds at 7.30pm yesterday. Accidentally I left my polarising filter on. Camera resting on my bean bag and the bean bagwas sitting on the bridge rail. This was pure guesswork but it seemed to work out reasonably well. I took five shots, four were in focus and on just one the camera failed to focus correctly. The 'red ones' are heading westward, more into Wales. The 'white ones' are off back to England!

Frank
Phranque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2005, 12:02 AM   #4

I have only had my A200 for about a week and haven't really tried it out in many modes. I do love the movie mode, though. Here is a hand-held of the moon (obviously earlier in the month!) and also a campfire pix.
Moon: f/3.5
shutter 1/200
focal length 50.8 mm

Hope this comes through as it is my first post!

Barb
Attached Images

sophiafatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2005, 12:07 AM   #5

Here is the campfire picture. I really like this one...obviously no flash!

Fire: f/3.5
shutter 1/15
focal length 15.6 mm

BTW, I was hoping for more sharpness from the moon. I didn't run it through any filters or enhancing, just cropped it.

Barb

Attached Images

Old Mar 25, 2005, 3:04 AM   #6
stk

Hi Sophiafatcat

Heres a crop I took of the moon on my A200 about a month ago also hand held.

I used spot expose on the moon, then a range of shots down to about -2 stops. I used Photoshop elements to lift shadows and darken highlights. Also added some default sharpness. I don't normally do this but in the case I felt it was needed.

Even with AntiShake, I feel camera shake is important as themoon is such a small part of the image. Its also best to underexpose - the information is there but blown out a bit by the highlights.
Attached Images

Old Mar 25, 2005, 3:07 AM   #7
stk

BTW, I also really like thecampfire one
Old Mar 25, 2005, 9:53 AM   #8

Nice moon, Steve!

I need to play with the focusing thing and learn how it works. I have been frustrated on some attempts because what I was intending to focus on was behind something else and the foreground kept getting in the way of what I was trying to focus on. Like I said I really haven't gone through everything yet. Fortunately deleting is easy...though I haven't found a way to delete the whole card like I have been able to do on a previous camera (Nikon 995)...??

Thanks!

Barb
Old Mar 25, 2005, 12:00 PM   #9

This was one of the first Phots I took with my Dimage z1 backat the beginning of December 2004 (11.30.04), I do not have that Camera any longer I had to take it back to the Shop the next day as the EFV did not show the exact nature of the dead pixles that the LCD had when I took this. Trying tocapture the Moon quickly clued me into it though. Now I'm on my second z1. And that also had to be sent back to KM for repairs. (dirty Lens). I hope to be able to get something better soon though...
Michael R. Habel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2005, 8:59 PM   #10

The fastest way to delete all of your pictures on acard is to re-format the card. It takes a couple of seconds. Some other cameras have the ability to delete multiple files but I haven't figured how to do so on the A200.

The re-format is the fastest and actually may be of benefit to ensure that your card is always formatted in the manner that the camera needs rather than an accidental PC format that may be wrong.

selvin is offline   Reply With Quote