Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Mar 24, 2005, 4:14 PM   #1

When setting the camera on the macro mode macro icon (flower -like image) does not appear on the screen or viewfinder (EVF). Suggestions are appreciated.

Richard
richardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 24, 2005, 4:35 PM   #2

Hi richardi.

It would seem I have now found the first little problem with my A2 to date. All thanks to you.

I've just set mine to macro and find it doesn't seem to like staying in that mode. I have to keep my thumb pressing the switch out to keep the flower symbol in the display and to use the cam in macro. I don't know if other users have encountered this, my camera is about 9 months old, so it may be general wear. I can only suggest you try the same, press the switch a little more and constantly. Seems like a ropey contact situation.

Regards,

Stevekin.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2005, 5:37 PM   #3

Hi Steve,

I am sorry about finding the problem. I tried - no icon no matter what I do. I tried the menu - #5 to see if lens acc- was on wide or tele. It is in the none - position. So that did not help either.

Richard
Old Mar 24, 2005, 6:00 PM   #4

Sorry if this is a stupid question. You are switching to macro while the lens is set at either 28mm or 200mm aren't you ?

I'm sure you must be as the switch won't move otherwise. But just to be sure.

Stevekin.

Old Mar 25, 2005, 12:22 AM   #5

Hi Steve,

Yes I am.

Richard

Old Mar 25, 2005, 4:33 AM   #6

Richard, I have emailed KM with your problem. It may take a few days before I get a reply as it is the Easter weekend, but I do expect a response, as I have emailed them before with success.

Will let you know as soon as.

Stevekin.
Old Mar 25, 2005, 8:41 AM   #7

Steve,

That was very kind of you and I appreciate the consideration.

I eagerly look forward to your response. Hopefully, there is a solution and I will not have to return it for repair.

I wish you a good weekend.

Richard

Old Mar 26, 2005, 6:23 AM   #8

Richard;

I have heard of this problem cropping up on some D7x and Ax cameras. The pop-up flash also occasionally gives problems. Some users have found that operating the switch repeatedly will, after 10 - 30 tries or so, will cause it to begin working again. This is just a way of taking advantage of the self-cleaning switch contacts. If this doesn't cure it, the problem is probably the switch itself being misaligned, and you will have to return it to K-M for repair.

brian
VTphotog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2005, 4:46 PM   #9

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it a few times and still no macro image. In spite of the image not appearing, it does seem to be able to focus in the close up macro range -i.e., the distance noted in the manual.

My sense is rather than traveling 2-3 hours to the camera store where it was purchased and giving up the camera for repair which will take about 3-4 weeks, it is probably best to keep using the camera until some else is found wrong.

Richard