Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Mar 30, 2005, 2:45 AM   #11

Thanks.

Yup ! That's what we call a bird feeder - a bird feeder here is generally something you hang up, like a peanut container or something. Anyway, as long as the birdsknow what it's for we're OK on both sides of the pond!

Fog here yet again with rain too, no photos today.

The bird - well I'm no real expert but I'm pretty certain it's a chaffinch.
Phranque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2005, 4:56 AM   #12

I wonder if we could achieve some improvement using mirrors. After all....its infra-red and should bounce off mirrors. If it works, then it will probably be far less versatile than your radio system...but perhaps simpler to set up.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I have used mirrors to extend my WiFi setup at home with some success.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Maurice
bacs57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2005, 5:07 AM   #13

Hello bacs,

Yes, this works. I've tried a basic setup using a cut and shaped section an aluminium foil container bent in such a way that it would take the IR signal from (say) the back of the camera and reflect it into the sensor. Even so, optics being what they are it doesn't have the 'spread' of the radio system and of course the range is still very limited. It's a good basic idea though and that's exactly where I started!

Frank
Phranque is offline   Reply With Quote