Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Mar 26, 2005, 1:38 PM   #1

Hi,

I've recently bought aZ3 after being a Fuji fan for a couple of years but am still undecided if it was a good move or not.

My main problem is the Z3 sometimes locks up after going to sleep when I try to reactivate it. It just meansI have to open and close the battery lid... not too bad a problem, untill I realised i also have to reset the Date & Time as well. Has anyone else been experiencing this, if so what can we do about it? Can I get my money back? Is there a fix? I'm using the latest 1.02 firmware and was hoping for an update to sort the problem.

Other niggles include appalling low-light focusing, pitiful flash power & next to useless continuous focusing in movie mode.

So as not to sound too negative as I'm not here to bash KM or the Z3, it's supurb at what it's designed for... high-speed outdoor action. And the Anti-Shake is to die for!

Any advise or help with the locking problem gratefully received.

Cheers

YT
YorkshireTaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 26, 2005, 2:11 PM   #2
Administrator

YT:

I don't read every post, but I don't remember seeing anyone else reporting this problem (lockups after the camera goes to sleep).

I do see lockups reported from time to time from users that haven't upgraded the firmware yet. But, you indicate that your Z3 is already using the new firmware.

So, I thinkyou've got a defective camera, or something else is causing it to malfunction (the Secure Digital Card or the Batteries would be at the top of my suspects list).

Are you using high capacity NiMH batteries (or trying to use Alkalines)?

Does the problem occur with a different Secure Digital Card (if you have two to try with it)?

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2005, 2:55 PM   #3

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your reply. I've tried three cards in it; one Bytestore 512 and 2 1Gb PQI's, all hi-speed. I also use 2100 Ni-MH batteries (Fuji & Uniross).

I have found a few references to lock-ups after a sleep (including on the A2), though only one in this forum and very deep inthe thread at...

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...hlight=z3+lock

but I wanted to start a new topic as not to get mixed up inthe olderfirmware issue.

I've had the camera for a a few months but have only just started to use the sleep mode at anything less than 10 minutes. I'm currently testing to see if there's a particular key combination that causes it. I'll see if there are any other people experienceing the lock-up otherwise I'll return it after the Easter break.

Cheers

Simon (aka Yorkshiretaff)
YorkshireTaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2005, 3:01 PM   #4
Administrator

I missed the last post in the thread you pointed out (lockup after a sleep).

Please let us know if you figure out what's causing it.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote