Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Mar 31, 2005, 11:00 AM   #1

I am trying to download pictures from the A2 to the computer. I can do it with the card reader but not from the camera. Connected and camera turned on, I get an Error 5 message.

Help!
Richard
richardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 31, 2005, 3:00 PM   #2

Hello Richard.

Those fingers were just not crossed long enough .

When I got my A2 I downloaded and printed the more comprehensive Instruction Manual (180 pages !!). Unfortunately Its Troubleshooting section is pretty sparse, with the only reference to Err being displayed on the data panel suggesting the cause to be the camera overheating or having been left in a very hot environment. No numbers mentioned, just Err.

The solution given is to turn off the camera, allowing it to cool, if Err is still displayed after it cools then remove and replace the battery.

I don't doubt for a minute that you have already gone through this procedure and it seems unlikely that this would be the cause, but just in case. (Although I believe you are currently experiencing around 30 C or higher !)

Could you give us a few details, like, are the batteries fully charged, which operating system, the data transfer mode setting in the cameras menu. It may help someone to come up with a solution.

Personally I never use the camera to transfer my photos, it is far quicker with a card reader and USB 2 and doesn't drain the camera battery. But, It is becoming a worry with your camera now.

Get back to us.

Stevekin.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2005, 4:09 PM   #3

Hi Steve,

You are right, I should use the card reader and will.

Based on the advoce of RS, the way to download from the camera to the computer is to put the cable in the camera, turn on the camera and then plug it into the computer USB. It works.

I took a few pictures yesterday and I am amazed - the camera is great. Fast, and seems to handle itself very well. The little nit picks I have will work themselves out,I hope,as soon as I become familiar with how the camera operates. I haven't enjoyed taking pictures like this in quite a while. I am downloading to the computer and using Picasa 2 - simple and effective for my purposes.

Richard
Old Mar 31, 2005, 4:32 PM   #4

Glad you are enjoying your A2 Richard.

I always understood the correct way is to connect the USB cable to both computer and camera, with the computer already on, then switch on the camera. But if it works, .

I have emailed KM UK again asking for Error codes for future reference, if they tell me what they are, I shall post them for others to refer to.

Happy :|Richard.

Stevekin.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2005, 11:08 PM   #5

Thanks. I look forward to the information. You are right, the trouble shooting section of the instruction manual is weak.

Take care,
Richard
Old Mar 31, 2005, 11:21 PM   #6

Hi Steve,

This is interesting. Seems others have the same problem.

http://forums.dpreview.com/... .../read.asp?forum=1024&message=12791407

R.
Old Mar 31, 2005, 11:34 PM   #7

richardi wrote:
Quote:
I am trying to download pictures from the A2 to the computer. I can do it with the card reader but not from the camera. Connected and camera turned on, I get an Error 5 message.

Help!
Richard
Are you sure that what you are actually seeing is literally "Error 5"? or could it be "trnS"? C.f.: http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...highlight=trns

...don't worry, be happy.
jawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2005, 11:43 AM   #8

Thanks. Your are right. I misread the letters

Richard